1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

Rating to subscribe

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by to7update, Dec 7, 2016.

1. to7update

to7update Well-Known Member

I think that once we subscribe to a forum we should not get unsubscribed if the forum owner changes the minimum rating or at least the forum owner should have that option when he raises the subscription rating.

What do you say @KenBrace?

Cheeaka and jane marie like this.
  2. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

This issue was also mentioned by a forum owner recently. I'm looking into the creation of a new feature that allows forum owners to specify whether or not rating changes should affect existing subscribers. Should have it in place by early next week.

Kaynil, Cheeaka and to7update like this.
  3. pwarbi

pwarbi Well-Known Member

I also think that this needs tweaking and maybe looking into. I was recently contacted via PM by a forum owner asking why I no longer post on a certain forum anymore, and I said it's because they raised the rating. They replied they wanted to keep the members they had, just not want any new ones so that's why they raised the rating.

I'm not sure they realised that by raising the rating it locks out the existing members.

Kaynil likes this.
  4. shadowpope17

shadowpope17 Member

What would be great is to have the ability choose which members can keep posting (when increasing the rating)

5. to7update

Yep, I agree, that would allow the forum owner to keep the members he is interested in.

Alexandoy and Cheeaka like this.
  6. shadowpope17

shadowpope17 Member

Yes please give forum owners the option to keep them or not, your new system is not good for me and I've had to deactivate my forum..

Cheeaka likes this.
  7. jane marie

jane marie Well-Known Member

I can't post on Anxiety Forum anymore because they have raised the rating. :(

8. to7update

Yep, the same happened to me a couple of weeks or days ago. The forum owner is right up there @jane marie, I think you were no happy with our contributions right @shadowpope17? What can we do to improve them?

I think I was doing a good job interacting with other users, but eventually that was not what you were looking for?

jane marie likes this.
  9. jane marie

jane marie Well-Known Member

Yay, it's a shame, I received a good rating from them as well. I did try to start threads and interact with other users. I suppose we will have to just keep posting on other forums and up our writing quality to get the higher rating.

10. Flyer

Flyer Active Member

With the change to ratings no longer deactivating users who are already subscribed (here), could forum owners get old writers back by lowering their rating to the point where those subscribers can post, and then raising it again to block any new subscribers? Would that leave the existing ones with lower ratings able to post?

Kaynil and thisnthat like this.
  11. thisnthat

thisnthat Well-Known Member

Is there another way for them to manually approve us so that we can come back?