1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

Insufficient Privileges

Discussion in 'General Support' started by jane marie, Mar 25, 2017.

1. jane marie

jane marie Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I've just joined the WebmasterHour forum and I can't post. All I get is a message saying that I have insufficient privileges to post. I've looked around the forum and can't find how to deal with it.

How do I get the privileges needed to post please? Does anyone know what I have to do? It's taking me too much time to try to figure it out so a bit frustrating and time wasting. Things like that should be clear. Or am I just a dummy? It cannot be that I must upload an avatar as others have posted without an avatar. I've posted on the 'about you' as well, but still I'm without enough privileges to post any thread or reply to any post.

Advice needed pretty please. :confused:

2. talk2me

talk2me Well-Known Member

It's already mentioned in the guidelines that it needs an approval from the owner which is usually done in 24 hours. So I think you have to keep an eye on your mail box. Otherwise just write to the owner to expedite :)

jane marie likes this.
  3. Happyflowerlady

Happyflowerlady Well-Known Member Moderator

When that has happened to me, it is usually because the forum sends (or needs to send) a verification email. Unless you do that email verification, when it is required, you can't post or even add an avatar.
    When the forum does not send the confirmation email, then you can usually message them and ask for it to be sent again, or to manually approve you.
    I don't know if this is what the problem is for you, @jane marie ; but it might be something for you to check on. If nothing helps, message the forum owner through the TFW messaging system, and see if they can straighten it out for you.

jane marie likes this.
  4. jane marie

jane marie Well-Known Member

Thank you very much both of you @talk2me & @Happyflowerlady I will try it again today and I'll probably find that it is all okay. I'll have a check in my spam mail too to see if there is a verification email there.;)