1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

Joking Around on Forums - good idea?

Discussion in 'Content Writers' started by Jason76, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Jason76

Jason76 Well-Known Member

Sometimes on the prison forum, I have brought up some American movies regarding prisons and made some either serious or comical comment on them Is that a wise idea, or is it unprofessional? I hate to bring up that stuff, but I've never been in a prison before. However, I have known some people who have been in jail/prison and have mentioned them.

2. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

I have been thinking of joining the prison forum since I know of so many convicts. In fact I was with my godson yesterday who spent 11 years in prison due to a drug case. However, I'm afraid that the forum requires a member to have relations to a prisoner in UK.

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Well-Known Member

As long as a post is on topic and relevant, I don't personally see anything wrong with a light hearted post.

Forums want and need posts that also have character, and no matter what the topic is, as long as the rules are followed (if there is any) then it wouldn't be an issue I wouldn't have thought.

Kaynil likes this.
  4. Jason76

I didn't see that in the rules. Did I misread somewhere?

5. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Well-Known Member

Here's the first paragraph of the thread in the Introduction - The Difference between Prison and the Outside World

Hmprison.uk is an online community created for families in the United Kingdom, from which a member is in prison. From here, there are various help forums for having discussions in various topics. The discussions are focused towards a particular target audience. The target audience includes mothers and wives, fathers and husbands and parents with children in prisons. Other topics includes gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender who have been imprisoned. Again, the forum offers special discussions for prisoners and their family members whose relationships are not working, have hepatitis or HIV, and are first time prisoners or those that have just been released from prison. One could say that this is a forum in which everybody’s needs have been catered for.

6. Jason76

If they actually wanted only UK people they'd only have one or two posters. Note, just cause it was created for the UK doesn't mean the posters have to be British - unless they stated it in the rules that we have to read to sign up.

Alexandoy likes this.
  7. penelope

penelope Well-Known Member

If this is a forum for people whose families are in prison right now, in turmoil in a high risk place, they might not be finding the situation very funny. Be aware of what they are going through before trying to joke about it.

8. Jason76

Yeah, good point. Well, at least I haven't been banned, so maybe they don't care - that much. But I will cool it down.

Right, I saw an ad for something like that for other subjects. However, saying "It's for" isn't directed at the forum posters. It's just talking about the subject of the site.

Alexandoy likes this.