1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

100 word posts are better

Discussion in 'The Forum Wheel' started by Jason76, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Jason76

Jason76 Well-Known Member

However, they rightfully would cost more. Around 100 words or more is ideal and makes it seem like the buyer got their money's worth.

Thoughts? :)

2. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

Absolutely! One-hundred words is perfect for creating a nice, solid post.

3. jane marie

jane marie Well-Known Member

If it was 100 words per post, I agree that it would produce quality posts but I can think of two things that may need to be considered.

Wouldn't it need a word count? I post straight onto the forums so it would mean I would be spending more time counting the words to make sure that I had written 100. Unless there was a built in word count in all forums, it would mean writing on a word doc first then cut and paste, which some forums block.

The other point that I thought of, is to make posts look natural they shouldn't be of the same length all the time. Sometimes they could be short and sometimes longer. Short posts are jitty, friendly, and natural. Posters who are not posting through TFW may think it a bit strange to have a paragraph answer for every post when shorter ones will do.

We FW posters should be able to make longer posts of 100 words or more, but also write shorter posts when warranted. The problem is though, that some posters would take advantage of that. Maybe allowing one short post out of every twenty or so may work.

4. Jason76

They have free websites which count words. Cut and paste makes it even faster.

jane marie likes this.
  5. jane marie

Cutting and pasting from a word doc is more attractive to me. I don't mind writing 100 words or more and probably do so already anyway. Still, I do think that to look natural a few posts should be longer, and a few of them shorter.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Well-Known Member

Do we get paid more for writing 100 words per post?

At the moment I am currently active in quite a few forums, and on average write between 40 and 50 posts a day. I have a rating of 4.0 and the forum owners (judging by the ratings given), are happy enough with the content I provide. If I was to write 40 posts at 100 words each, that's 4000 words. 4000 words at an average typing speed of 40WPM (average typing speed) and including researching a topic if needed and logging in and out of the different forums would take me what...about an hour and half if I did them all at once?

I'm currently earning 2 credits per post, so for the 40 posts I'd earn 80 credits. $4. Convert that into GBP because I'm in the UK so I would be working for around £3 an hour or to put it another way, enough to buy a coffee in Starbucks. I'm not sure a lot of others would be willing to do that amount of work for so little pay. Also what's next? 200 words per post...300 words per post but for the same amount of money? The forum owners may be happy because they are getting a great deal, the writers on the other hand will just say forget it and not bother.

Just as a guide, a bad/poor writer can get around $5 for a 1000 word article/blog or post. The better ones around $15, so why would anybody bother to come on here and write 1000 words for a dollar or less? You'll have a forum posting site, with lots of happy forum owners but no writers. It's got to be a fair deal for both because without both, TFW would cease to exist don't forget.

7. Jason76

One excuse I heard from this forum owner (not one one on TFW, though) was that forum posting was easier than blog writing. Nonetheless, I pointed out not all subjects are easy and he agreed. Nonetheless, some could argue that the price should be high despite the subject - just because.

Anyway, though, I think it's a matter of time. You're buying someone's time. That's the point.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    jane marie likes this.
  8. jane marie

That is true and time is money.

I don't bother with blogs because it takes more time. There is also research to do which adds to the time involved. They also need to be at least 300 - 500 words and I would rather put those words towards writing my own products to sell.

Posting is a lot easier as other posts prompt what to say in response. I think it's worth mentioning that there doesn't seem to be any forum that wants us to mention that we are posting from TFW so our posts should look natural.

Looking natural means posts should be of different lengths. Continuous posts of 100 words or more from certain posters would look strange to others. If it got to the point of the 100 words upgrading to 2 or 300 posts then it would start to get too much for normal posters to read through everything. Posts need to be not more than a certain length as well to guarantee they get read. A novel isn't flash fiction. Neither is a filler an article. But for the sake of the forum owners getting their monies worth, I think there should be a mixed length of good quality, creative, interesting posts and threads with good grammar.