1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

Asking people to go the extra mile when the owners won't pay

Discussion in 'General Support' started by Jason76, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Jason76

Jason76 Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about giving better ratings to people going the extra mile, but then a writer reminded me of the low pay they're getting. Is there a compromise or different way to do this?

I proposed a 300 word post for every 10 posts, but then the writer reminded me 300 words was generally worth 3 USD.

Also, note that the owners cannot pay more, but only cause they don't set the prices.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  2. to7update

to7update Well-Known Member

That's the thing, a forum owner can ask for a lot, but in fact writers have to:
    1. open the forum
    2. look for a thread where to post
    3. read the previous posts to get into context
    4. make the actual post

So we get paid what, 10 cents to do all of this, so asking for 300 words is too much. The extra mile makes this job too time consuming for the pay.

And yeah, an article with 500 words costs $5 (on average...), it's way faster to make than to cash out $5 in FW.

thisnthat and KenBrace like this.
  3. Flyer

Flyer Active Member

The current system allows forum owners to give a bonus to their best posters. It is mentioned on the FAQ. That bonus is per post though, so you could try putting something in your forum's description here saying that the bonus will be applied to the poster's account if every tenth post is 300 words. It would take a bit of admin time to check the users were still regularly producing 300 word pieces and remove the bonus if they aren't, but you'd be doing that anyway to make sure they were following instructions.

It would cost you more for those users prepared to do it, but you'd still be able to get basic contributions from users, and reward the people who want to do the extra work.

talk2me likes this.
  4. Jason76

Jason76 Well-Known Member

Exactly.