1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

Bloated Toads deactivated

Discussion in 'Forum Owners' started by iamawriter, Mar 30, 2018.

1. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

I was happy Bloated Toads reappeared in months but has now been deactivated again even though they have enough credits. May I know why it has been deactivated.

2. Jason76

Jason76 Well-Known Member

It's tough to say. Maybe they're trying to conserve points.

Happyflowerlady likes this.
  3. Happyflowerlady

Happyflowerlady Well-Known Member Moderator

It is the forum owner who deactivates the forum, and is not done by Forum Wheel (unless the forum runs out of points and then it automatically deactivates); so it is up to each forum owner how long to leave the forum online and spend points.
    I think that @Jason76 is probably right that the forum owner is trying to conserve his points and not just let writers run through the points all at once.
    If it is a forum that you particularly enjoy, there is no reason that you cannot still continue to post there , since you are still a member of the forum, even when it is off-line to TFW.

KenBrace likes this.
  4. iamawriter

iamawriter Active Member

I am aware that it is the forum owners that do it but in this case I found it pretty odd. They were absent for months, they come and in a day or two deactivate again.

5. DigitalGlobal

DigitalGlobal Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    https://digitalglobal.com
    What type of forum is it?
    maybe I am not looking in the right spot,
    as I have not yet seen them on the list.

Happyflowerlady likes this.
  6. Happyflowerlady

Happyflowerlady Well-Known Member Moderator

You will not see this forum listed on the list of forums right now, @DigitalGlobal , because only active forums are shown. Once they put their forum back online, then it will show up in the list of forums again. It is common for forums to be online and then off for a while until they get more points again, or to just allow a certain amount of points to go out at a time.

Basically, Bloated Toads is a general chat forum, with several categories of topics, so it is suitable for most writers to find something they can write about.
    I belong to it as well, and was glad to see them back online , even though temporarily right now. Since they still have a lot of points, I would assume that they will be back active again soon.