1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

Forums with unpaid sections

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by to7update, Feb 18, 2017.

1. to7update

to7update Well-Known Member

Yeah @Happyflowerlady, we get paid for writing according to the rules, of course.

And true, setting up an avatar can consume a lot more time than writing an intro post, especially if there are dimension requirements to the avatar.

All in all, nothing like mentioning what sections of the forum are not paid I believe.

2. penelope

penelope Well-Known Member

I have no problem whatsoever with there being unpaid subforums IF I am told which ones they are. That is what this thread is about.

I do think that posting in them should always be optional, never compulsory. The rate is low enough without reducing it more, especially if there is a 1-post-per-day limit on the forum. Otherwise I may join, set up, get an av, post and intro.... and have them run out of points and never return.

But so long as the unpaid aspect is in the "rules" I can just choose not to post on that forum. It's only fair that we know what the deal is before we choose to post there.

Kaynil and to7update like this.
  3. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

To make a section unpaid, the admin can simply set it so that the sub forum does not increase user post counts. If the post count does not increase, then credits will not be earned.