1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

Improved rating system?

Discussion in 'The Forum Wheel' started by KenBrace, Oct 3, 2016.

1. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

One possibility to improve the rating system would be to ask forum owners a series of questions about a writer rather than just asking for a value. We would ask questions about all aspects of quality and then crunch a resulting value based on their answers. This would be the user's rating.

Worth the effort of adding?

Kaynil likes this.
  2. Kaynil

Kaynil Well-Known Member

I hadn't noticed this thread. Ken., I think this is a very much welcome idea.

I think it doesn't have to be anything too complicated, just expanding the rating system to cover a few aspects like grammar and spelling, length and engagement. Or whatever few values you think Forum owners value the most.

I think it would be good to ditch the stars and just have in plain English from horrible to excellent.Something like horrible, poor, average, good, excellent.

That way each writer can have in their profiles how well they handle themselves in each field. This will let writers know what areas they need to work on and this will give forum owners tools to restrict access to the elements they care about, so for example:

Forum A wants someone with excellent engagement and is fine with just good length and spelling.
    Forum B wants someone for new threads so engagement is not that important so will restrict to excellent spelling and length.
    Forum C just uses a global good so everything must be that in order to qualify.

Writer 1 is rated good in all three fields, he is not high enough to qualify for anything but Forum C.
    Writer 2, is excellent grammar and engagement and good length he can join forum A and Forum C.

KenBrace likes this.
  3. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

Thank you for the input @Kaynil.

4. Kaynil

Kaynil Well-Known Member

No worries, man.
    Hopefully, some of what I said can help at least to spark some ideas. In the end, I am just hoping to see this place getting better. :)

KenBrace likes this.