1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

Tips to Get Over Writer's Block

Discussion in 'Content Writers' started by Jason76, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Jason76

Jason76 Well-Known Member

Anyone know any? One way is to find articles online and comment on them.

2. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

I've found that the best way to get over writer's block is to just sit down and write everything that comes to mind. Just literally write everything you think down on paper. Writing down your thought trail like this really seems to help thoughts and ideas emerge. It's great for creativity.

3. Kaynil

Kaynil Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that the writer's block can be due to fear, there is something stopping you, like for example being afraid of not living up to the expectations either of others or the ones you set up yourself. Understanding what we might be concerned about when writing can help us find what makes us prone to writer's block.

For me, it is for example when I make new threads in a community I already made some threads, I get concerned I won't be able to come with new threads, especially when it is old and full of activity, it makes me feel like whatever I had in mind already existed. Other times is when I join communities I know very little about their main topic. It can be challenging to blend in, even when you genuinely want to learn more.

This is me of course, this might be a breeze for you, but just like me you probably have thoughts of concerns, even if they are little that might make you procrastinate or have difficulty to just throw yourself in. I haven't done this in a while but I used to carry a little notepad with me esp[ecially to jolt down "thread titles" it was just short sentences of subjects I could talk about in communities, then I can always elaborate them into threads whenever I need them. Sometimes they remind me of other things and that might just be the spark I needed.

Another thing that has helped me is to not take it so seriously, it is just a post, on a forum, on the internet. I am sitting in a room, inside a house, in a big city, in a country, in the world. The world in Space. no matter what you do the planets are rotating and moving. Space being space. That imagery helps me relax. So I recommend that don't force yourself. To avoid procrastinating give yourself a defined break time and move to a different location to do something else. So for example, leave the computer or your mobile so you don't check your duties and you do something else. If you are lucky ideas on new topics, stories, etc will come on their own once you are actually enjoying your day and become more receptive.

Well, I hope any of that can be of use. :)