1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

Waiting For Approval

Discussion in 'New Users & Approval' started by Midnight Blue, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Midnight Blue

Midnight Blue New Member

It has been over 12 hours since my 10th post. Just a friendly reminder.

2. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

Hi @Midnight Blue,

There will be a delay due to us restructuring the rating system. If you can hang on for a few more days then we should be able to review your account. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Cheeaka likes this.
  3. Happyflowerlady

Happyflowerlady Well-Known Member Moderator

You might want to double-check and make sure that you have properly subscribed at the Gateway, @Midnight Blue. It should show up on your dashboard as a forum that you are subscribed to, and if it is not on there, then you need to subscribe, or your posts will not show up to be reviewed for rating .
    Look on your dashboard page, under subscriptions, to see if it is showing up as a subscribed forum.

4. Midnight Blue

Midnight Blue New Member

It doesn't show up as being subscribed to, but when I do try to subscribe to Gateway, it tells me that I must be approved as a writer before I can subscribe to any forums. It looks like a catch-22.

Kaynil likes this.
  5. Happyflowerlady

It only means that you can't subscribe to the regular forums that you earn points for until you have posted at the Gateway Forum and been approved as a writer, @Midnight Blue .
    Go to the main page of the Gateway Forum, and in the top right corner is a box that will give you exact instructions . You must have missed one of the steps to subscribe, so follow through each step until you find what you have missed. Once you are subscribed properly, it should show on your dashboard, and you will know that it was done correctly.
    If you need help, send me a PM, and I will help you figure out what you are missing, but I think that the instruction box should take care of it for you.

6. Midnight Blue

Midnight Blue New Member

Okay, I went through every step again and I think the problem was that I didn't activate my account through the link in the e-mail they originally sent me. I didn't think to do that because I was able to register on every part of the site.

Anyway, after I did that I went through the whole process again, and when I did, the green cross at the far right of the Gateway "forum" that is above the regular paying forums, turned to a red X. Does that change signify that I did it right? If so, do the 10 posts I did before the activation still count as my test posts?

7. Happyflowerlady

You are fine, and showing up for rating as soon as the new rating system is ready to be implemented. Until the new rating system is online, you would not be able to join any of the regular forums anyway, nor can anyone else, since none of us have a rating showing on the dashboard at this point in time.

8. Midnight Blue

Midnight Blue New Member

Good to know......thank you lady. You've been a big help, I appreciate it. :)

Happyflowerlady likes this.