1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

What is the best forum software?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jason76, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Jason76

Jason76 Well-Known Member

XenForo, BBpress, VB, PHPbb, MyBB, SMF etc... ? What do you think is the best and why do you feel that way?

2. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

I've always liked XenForo myself. The design looks better than any other package (in my opinion), it's feature rich and powerful, plus they have really fast support and they are constantly working to improve the software.

3. GearZ

GearZ Well-Known Member Moderator

Circa Q4 2016, XenForo without a doubt. The feature set, administration tools, user interface, etc., are the best, imho. End-user support is excellent and there is plenty of additional tools available.

The latest iteration of vBulletin (5) was/is a train-wreck. Most of the free packages simply can't compete, feature-wise.

4. Jason76

Jason76 Well-Known Member

Possibly banning spammers on the spot might make free software doable. Note, some phpBB forums I had were spam-free with question and answer preventitive measures, at least for a year. However, then again, I didn't update the software, because I didn't understand (at the time) how to upload files via cPanel, so I relied on free FTPs which took days. Therefore, eventually the free forums became massively attacked by spam, to the point of it being a burning building.