1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

Won't let me enter in a forum

Discussion in 'Forum Owners' started by mama2boys, May 20, 2017.

1. mama2boys

mama2boys New Member

I created a forum and wanted to register it but the main home page seems to be glitching, is anyone else getting that? Or maybe I'm doing it wrong? How do I register my forum?

2. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

What's the farthest step you've reached?

mama2boys likes this.
  3. mama2boys

mama2boys New Member

IMG_6139.PNG Ken I'll go to homepage an click get started on the are you a forum owner but it's not doing anything, it refreshes the homepage but doesn't go anywhere. No matter how many times I click it just refreshes the page I've even tried logging in an out?

4. KenBrace

Oh ok, I see. The "Get Started" button leads to the registration page. You can't register while logged in which is why it's triggering a redirect.

To add a site visit My Dashboard -> Sites -> Add New Forum. Download and install the correct script, then click next and fill out the form. If everything was done correctly then the form should submit and add your site to the public listing.

If you encounter any difficulties, just let me know and I'll be happy to assist.

5. mama2boys

mama2boys New Member

IMG_6141.PNG
    Ok I'm confused what does it mean by correct script, and I don't have a computer just an iPhone 6s+. I filled everything out an even put my URL in.

6. KenBrace

You will probably need to use a computer for the script installation step. This is what allows us to keep track of user post counts. Basically, we've designed specific scripts for different forum software packages. Since you are running bbPress, you will need to download the bbPress script and then upload it to your root directory. Once this is complete, you should be able to submit the site.