1. If you can't use the support forum then you can contact the admin for support via "admin@theforumwheel.com".
    Dismiss Notice

Writers being able to review their experiences in the forums they assist.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kaynil, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Kaynil

Kaynil Well-Known Member

Well, this detours a bit from a discussion I was having with @Nocturnal Writer in another thread. The idea is that it would be nice to have a way for the Writers to attach their own views in a similar way we get rated.

In order to be encouraged by both writers and Forum owners I was thinking maybe as testimonials it could be a way to do it. For the form, I was thinking two fields would suffice:

A) A simple "would you recommend?" or "is this place reliable?" with a radial "yes" or "no" choice. With the collective input of the answers you could even assign as a percentage to show how trust worthy the writers consider it.
    Say website A receives 5 reviews: 4 answered "yes" and 1 "no". Collectively the place would be perceived as 80% trustworthy. The more people leaving their testimonials, the more accurate it will become. Specially we can re-review, just like they can rate us.

B) A content box for our testimonial. Reading them would help other writers know about unusual things like delays, activity in moderation, etc.

As to how to display it, it doesn't have to be taking much space. It could be part of the "information" button.
    Clicking the percent would show all the writers testimonials, or if you prefer it could be just below in a display/hide toggle menu.

To make it fair to the forum owners a writer would require to have been registered in said community for X days before being able to review a place. I would had said that they should also have a certain number of posts, but since some communities makes ours posts pending moderation by default, it could become a loophole.

Anyway, it is just ideas thrown into the air. Switch names. Tweak the concepts. Discard it altogether. The main point is that it would be nice to have a way to link our own impressions to and about the communities we're writing for. Maybe you guys have a better way to make this work. Maybe it already exists and I just haven't found it.

I've noticed like 3 different threads on the same issue regarding one of the communities, so at the very least having one official thread per active community where we can direct all these concerns, could help organize better feedback from the writers towards certain communities.

Thank you for reading. Sorry if I made this more convoluted that it needed to be.

KenBrace likes this.
  2. KenBrace

KenBrace Well-Known Member Administrator

This is actually a very excellent suggestion!

I've been thinking about developing something along these lines for a while. Perhaps it is time to do just that.

After the college semester is over and finals are behind me, I'll see about developing this.

3. Kaynil

Kaynil Well-Known Member

Awesome. Glad I could be of any help.

Not hurries at all. It is understandable that you want to get that out of the way. Good luck with your studies.

KenBrace likes this.