IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

1. Which parameters do you base on before purchasing a computer?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Francis, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Francis

Francis New Member

With the rapid development of technology, many people have opted to own computers. Computers are being applied in various places to speed up processes. Such places include but are not limited to supermarkets, law enforcement areas, hospitals and in airports. Many individuals and companies have failed to realize all the benefits from their computers because of wrong computer selection.

Deep evaluation before computer purchase is very important. Depending on the kind of task a given computer is supposed to accomplish, the buyer must take into consideration such factors. To take an example, in a busy place like a supermarket, computers with the fastest processors are required. This feature allows the supermarket assistants to speed up their processes and prevent any chances of long customer queues.

In statistical or education centers, where a large amount of data in form of electronic files is kept, a computer with enough storage space is required. And also it should be well protected against viruses, to prevent loss of important data.

Some businesses set up a cyber primarily for playing games. Such kinds of computer do not necessarily need to have a large storage capacity or faster internet speed. What is important there is the ability of the computers to have enough game controls, to enable players to play with little difficulties.

Apart from the factors I have discussed above, do you know of any other factors that drive individuals or organizations to purchase specific models of computers?

2. Paintz

Paintz New Member

All these brands of computers has its own features and interest which is to attract more buyer. However, Its always depend on quality which is oppose to pricing that many of us most likely observed the cheapest. For me, when i'm purchasing a computer, I always check its capability first. I look for the high memory, and graphics which is more important than any hardware operating the computer. Everyday has new updates and the software or applications are getting bigger and bigger so we need this high memory and graphics to support it. Well of course enough storage for files and heavy documents.

3. benedict odhiambo

benedict odhiambo New Member

The processor, RAM and the harddisk in that order. The processor is the most important because its very hard to upgrade the processor.

4. Fashitum

Fashitum New Member

The main factors to consider while purchasing a computer is the hard disk drive, random access memory and the processor. The type of computer also matters but it is not as basic as the stated features. The random access memory should be 4 GB while processor speed should be more than a 2.4 gigahertz (GHz). Hard disk space should be not less than a 500 GB while the type of computer basically depends on your preferred choice.

5. hesinberg

hesinberg New Member

first display and how the colors of the display and how the display acts in sun lines ,then the temperature waste and how much the laptop heating while playing, then the perfomance of cpu and gpu in games and benchmark,and the last thing is the battery how much is the charge time and how much battery last.

6. Ben Korir

Ben Korir New Member

It's true that all computers vary in size, speed, memory, and many other factors. Again it is true that all computer buyers vary in their preference depending on their needs. So for starters I have three factors that I always consider before buying any device:
    1. Processor - This is the most logical factor every buyer should start with. Consider power consumption, value and speed of the processor.
    2. Graphics - Most computers have video cards with less memory and low speed which makes gaming dull. If you will consider yourself to play games, mind the type of video card.
    3. Speed - The more you want a faster PC the more you will need a better RAM. DDR3 is currently the standard, and you may consider DDR4 RAM if it is worth getting.

7. Ken Bruce

Ken Bruce New Member

Purchasing the right computer can be a tough decision to make. At the same time, buying the right machine is the end goal when you walk into an electronics shop. When buying a computer, I find the following five factors really imperative.
    1. Budget - This is the first of all. Why? You can only buy depending on the depth of your pocket. Also determine whether it is a desktop or laptop computer you wish to acquire. From here you can proceed on to the other necessities.
    2.RAM - The bigger the RAM,the greater the machine's ability to process tasks faster.
    3.Processor- A computer with many processors will have a tremendous computing ability compared to one with fewer ones. Therefore, the more the number the better.
    4.Hard disk capacity - The more the storage space available, the greater the ability to store a lot of information and data.
    5.Graphics - A good graphics card for your computer will make the user interface appealing and enjoyable to interact with. As a result,ensure the best one is acquired for the best overall experience.