IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

5 Tips for Starting a Fitness Journey

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Fati, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Fati

Fati New Member

1. Be ready. Like with most things, desire starts from within. Lean on others for great workout suggestions, and test the waters and see what piques your interest, but be ready, from within, to work, sweat and begin this new phase of your life.

2. Patience is a virtue. Understanding your body type and metabolism are important first steps in your fitness journey, and will serve as great indicators of how long it may take to see your desired results. Do not be alarmed if at first the weight comes off slowly. Slow but steady wins the race!

3. Exercise is an actor while nutrition is the star of the show. Statistics vary when measuring the importance of nutrition vs. exercise when it comes to weight loss. The most important thing is that you stick to what works for you, and be patient in finding the most suitable way of eating. Don’t be afraid to have your favorite foods every once in a while!

4. Don’t stick to someone else’s workout “recipe.” Not one workout “works” for everyone. Be persistent with your search. Some people swim, others run and some just lift weights. You’ll find what works for you, and it can even be a mix of all workouts in the world!

5. Don’t be afraid to pick up the weights. Weight training is a great way to tone your entire body from head to toe. Since I personally LOVE cardio, I always intersperse three to four cardio sessions per week with two to three weight-training sessions per week. I have seen excellent results from both and you just might, too!

2. jakejake

jakejake New Member

Thanks for the tips. Will perform iyt