IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

A day without Internet.

Discussion in 'Internet' started by ngetich49, Feb 9, 2018.

1. ngetich49

ngetich49 New Member

As we are currently our world seems to center around the Internet.Education, entertainment, communication are among the major areas that rely on the Internet.I imagine of a day that Internet closes its doors for a moment, a day that we all cannot connect to the internet.The repercussions that will ensue will be enormous, the chaos and confusion most likely will overrun us.I am a strong advocator of Internet independence this is because as we move forward we will be more and more dependant on the Internet and if it is left to a few then we do stand a chance of being controlled by a selected few in the near future.

What are your imaginations if such a day ever befell us?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  2. Xmerian

Xmerian New Member

We have become more dependent on the internet that it has become an integral part of our day to day life. The other reason why some people consider it to be vital is because of the ease of communication. Communication has become so simple and easy and you can talk to your friends and family even from work or even while travelling.

From time to time I take a break from the computer and the internet. It always feels good, and I always have a feeling that I have more time when I am not in front of the computer.

3. 14yumj1

14yumj1 New Member

I can't even imagine how catastrophic that would be. As mentioned above, there are countless and absolutely vital systems, such as electricity, transport and communication that all have a strong reliance on the existence of the internet. Without those, many basic services that we take for granted will simply cease to function. However, my biggest concern about a day without internet is the fear that would spread among the people. With the internet suddenly down, people might believe that something terrible has occurred, and panic and riots in the street could be a common occurrence across the world. I believe that more people will be harmed from the fear of losing the internet, rather from the loss of internet itself. What do you think?

4. gibbs

gibbs New Member

Our world relies heavily on the internet Ngetich49, from getting in touch with your mom to having easy access to a wide variety of knowledge so it's hard to tell what we would do without the internet.
    It may not be a surprise but I have to agree with Xmerian that the first and biggest noticeable change would be communication issues. You can forget about having cellphone reception, say goodbye to social media websites such as facebook, Istagram and twitter since they can only be reached with internet access.
    The source to easy knowledge would completely be cut, we would have to go to the library to gather information and knowledge from out of date magazines and encyclopedias. Without the internet intelligence agencies would collapse because they rely on the internet to gather and share informatio, causing governments to take huge blows which would eventually end up in catastrophe.
    You are quite right 14yumj1, in a world that relies on the internet to do almost everything, if it actually collupsed it would cause worldwide panic. People would turn on their neighbors in order to protect themselves. It would be total chaos or the end of the world as we know it today.

5. Risajp

Risajp New Member

I Believe that a day without Internet would be beneficial for everyone. In today’s generation kids are not learning social skills. Everyone communicates over the Internet and not face-to-face. People are so focused on their phones and devices that they don’t appreciate the littler things in life anymore.