IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

A song that describes you

Discussion in 'Music' started by Alaxror12, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Alaxror12

Alaxror12 New Member

Have you ever come across a song that really speaks to you? I'm talking about a song that perfectly describes you or your situation. A song that gave you some sort of realization or just helped you out in a tough time. Or it could be a song that just helps make you feel good about yourself. For me, it's hard to pick out the right song that describes me or my situations.

2. Tiile23

Tiile23 New Member

Similarly, it's hard for me too to pick out a single song but recently one song that most connects to my emotions in the evenings is "Am Coming Home" by P. Diddy.

This song speaks to me in a unique way in the sense that its not the title as you see it that connects to me emotionally but certain lines in it such as; "Am back where i belong..yeah, i neva felt so strong eh, feel like theres nothing that i can't try", "Another day, another dawn: Tell Keysia and Teresia i will be better than their mum, another lie that i carry on"..."A house is not a home, i hate this song: is a house really a home when your love ones are gone?..no oo" and the likes.

The song mentions the power of a home as not every house is a home.

3. Anklebiter

Anklebiter New Member

For me it would be: Demi Lovato's Believe in me. This is a very depressing song (I admit it) but at the end it has a very great meaning. I feel identified with it because Demi talks about how difficult it is to be sad, knock down and never feel comfortable with herself, but what I love the most is the hopeful message of get over that and become a better person, let all those problems aside and live your life. So it's a very moving song that I really love. I recommend it.

4. Nawsh

Nawsh New Member

I am actually going through a very bad time and there is this song The Lonely by Christina Perri which describes how I am feeling. I recently broke up with my boyfriend. I always thought that he was the right person for me and the one I would like to spend my life with. Unfortunately, things didn't go as planned. I really miss him and those moments we spent together. I will always cherish those memories. I know that I have to move on but it is a bit difficult. The lyrics in this song explain how I feel each and every moment. I hope that this loneliness ends.

5. GatM

GatM New Member

Miss independent by Neyo. I work my ass of to sustain myself. I am an environmentalist, own my own business and i dont mind a few coins from online working. Money is never enough, demands keep rising

6. Rossy

Rossy New Member

Try everything by Shakira. I totally don't believe in giving up. I play this song every time things don't go my way. It usually plays a huge role in reminding me who I really am.

This song is about never giving up in anything you pursue no matter what challenges you encounter. You fall down, rise up, dust yourself and move on. I love the part that says some times we come last but we did our best. I find it very uplifting. Actually its the one song that I dedicate to my friends going through tough times in their lives.

7. Shana Peckover

Shana Peckover New Member

There are many songs that have described me through different seasons of my life. Well, maybe not me, but more of my characteristics or moods. I am an emotional music listener. The music that I choose caters to a particular thing that I may be going through at a particular moment. For instance, currently, I am experiencing struggle, bitterness, and strife, so I believe that "Black Me Out" by Against Me is my song currently. Who knows what it will be tomorrow.