IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Amd Ryzen vs Intel

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Nenad, Jun 20, 2018.

?

Amd Ryzen vs Intel

1. Ryzen

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Intel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Nenad

Nenad New Member

I am looking to upgrade from laptop and get a computer, so the only question that I still dont know the answer is should I get a Intel CPU or AMD Ryzen CPU , while ryzen cpu is cheaper , the Intel CPU are definitely worth the money, they are great for gaming, streaming and editing, but I am not sure if I should buy one, and If I did which one should i get, but i dont what to give more money than I would give for a Ryzen CPU . Now Ryzen CPU are definitely a great buy, they are cheap and have a great performance that can be compared to the Intel CPU , plus the new Ryzen APU have a strong integreted GPU thats stronger then the Intel GPU.So Which one should i go for Ryzen or Intel?

2. rlpzbeermoney

rlpzbeermoney New Member

I went for Ryzen instead of Intel for my build and I never regretted it. I bought the Ryzen 7 1700 which is adequate for both gaming and my work. I do game once in a while and I'm satisfied with the quality and FPS I'm getting. I'm not that hardcore of a gamer. I went with Ryzen as the programs I'm using for work require CPU cores more than CPU clock speeds. It's more than qualified for gaming as well. Not all that different to the Intel counterpart.

Just a side note. Yes, games right now are more optimized for the Intel chips as games don't really utilize all of the available cores of the Ryzen chips. But look at it this way. Games are evolving and so is the demand for more powerful equipment. 2 to 5 years from now, games will be requiring more computing power and cores. Would you really go with Intel at that point when with Ryzen right now it's a worthwhile investment for the future to come. (Not unless you plan to buy a new system in the near system) Intel's benchmark score vs Ryzen in games are only a 1-2 fps at most. I don't see why make it harder for you to decide at this point.

3. fellowbud

fellowbud New Member

both have their strengths and weaknesses.Well Ryzen CPUs are simply far more cost-effective,They generally offer better value.Intel is kinda like apple you pay for its name and for years its been the dominant processor .But you can look up some benchmarks and tests online to see how they go against each other yourself.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  4. TaguroPart3

TaguroPart3 New Member

Depends exactly on which model you are talking about. But generally speaking, it depends whether you'll be using a discrete graphics card or not. If not, go with Ryzen. It had integrated graphics that is even capable of gaming. I have to say that I failed to finish the desktop I am building. I chose an intel processor that I am planning to use a discrete graphics card along with it and I regret it. I wasn't able to buy a discrete graphics card when my old one died and I'm stuck with its integrated GPU. I should've bought an AMD APU that has better GPU performance. Even though AMD counterparts may have lower CPU performance, it is still capable of doing everything. Based on my observation, it is better to have a great graphics adaptor than a great cpu.

5. axl2468

axl2468 New Member

If you are going for a gaming PC (which I assume you are), I would highly recommend the Ryzen because of its APU which gives better graphical performance.

There is a big problem with getting a Ryzen, though. The structure of Ryzen CPUs (The Infinity Fabric) makes it so that it requires good RAM to perform at its best. This is why if you are getting a Ryzen, you should have a motherboard that supports DDR4 RAM and get at least 2600 mhz - 3200 mhz of RAM (8GB minimum). This is the main reason why Ryzens are so much cheaper compared to Intel.

If you don't want to spend much on RAM, then go for an Intel because it doesn't require high-end RAM to perform well.