IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Anyone Else Planting A Big Garden This Year

Discussion in 'Outdoors' started by Trishmay, Jan 18, 2017.

?

Planting A Garden This Year

Poll closed Jan 25, 2017.
  1. Yes, a small one

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, A large one

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Trishmay

Trishmay New Member

This year I took part in a huge seed exchange in my town and made out with tons of seeds, some even really fun ones like Purple Bell Peppers, and Green Zebra Tomatoes, because of how much I got we are having to buy the plot of land next to use so I can have room for it all.This will be my first year with such a large garden, is anyone else planning a large garden this year, and also does anyone have any tips for it.

2. Rosyrain

Rosyrain New Member

We just bought a farm at the end of the summer and I have a huge seed order to place next week. I have about a hundred dollars worth of seeds picked out and it is mostly for vegetable crops. We are going to do a fee raised beds and then expand as we go. I am hoping to be as self sustaining as possible over the next couple of years.

Trishmay likes this.
  3. Trishmay

Trishmay New Member

That is what I'm aiming for also. At least this way you know what is gong into the food you are eating.

4. Amy Terry

Amy Terry New Member

I am a big believer in gardens. I like the fresh variety of food and we plant our garden without pesticides. I have never heard of a seed exchange, how does that work? I may have to get one started in our town. My family and I have not been gardening long and every year we try to plant a bigger and better garden learning from our mistakes the year before. The hardest thing for us to grow has been corn, we have only tried to plant G90. The corn either doesn't grow at all or it will be black at both ends and most of the time, inedible. What are some of the challenges you fellow gardeners face?