IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Anyone have Music suggestions?

Discussion in 'Music' started by bree, Feb 20, 2017.

1. bree

bree New Member

I've always been a firm believer that a persons favorite song can tell you about them. Lyrics have a way of saying what the lips cannot. I'd love to hear the names of your favorite songs if you're willing to share. It's a way to connect to people who aren't near. I'll start with one of my favorite songs Dancing in the Sky by Danni and Lizzie. They aren't formal artist, but can easily be found on YouTube. If you check out the song I'd love feedback.

2. Annabeth2010

Annabeth2010 New Member

I also share your way of thinking, music is an art, a therapy and inspire us in the right or wrong way depending on our mood.
    Personally i have a lot of music taste and can't really say i have favorite songs but here are some of these :
    Broken- Seether & Amy Lee's, I rise- Etana and Power of love - Gabrille Aplin

3. Faith

Faith New Member

Same here actually. I believe music is a way of people expressing themselves and sharing their thoughts and beliefs with us. I personally love music and its difficult to pick a favorite song, but I must say "i'll be alright (tonight)" by Mura Musa is unbelievable. You should go check it out, it will truly touch you.

4. jordan

jordan New Member

I suggest listening to any music by Selena Gomez. Selena Gomez personally has the best music. Selena knows what she is singing about and knows how to connect with her audience

5. trea

trea New Member

In some ways you're right, but I'm actually more inclined to listen to those kinds of music without lyrics. What are your thoughts about that?

If you're interested, you might want to try Blackmill's Spirit of Life and Let It Be (this one has lyrics). There is also this one song that is said to be the most relaxing and calming song ever produced, so you might want to give it a listen. It's Weightless by Marconi Union.

6. khawer ali qureshi

khawer ali qureshi New Member

A nice song is super combination of heart touching music and lyrics. I like different songs from different times. In year 2000 mine favorite song was " In The Club " by 50 Cent. Another song " Breaking The Habit" by Linkin Park. Now a days most favorite one is " It Aint Me " by Selena Gomez. These songs give me wings to fly. Whenever i listen to these songs, i feel like i am so much powerful and much motivated to do positive things.

7. atsoc.cst

atsoc.cst New Member

I agree that music is a great way to look into someone's personality. If you're looking for good lyricism I'm sure you can find a lot of rappers that focus on society instead of bragging. Music without lyrics is also great, I've been listening to a guy called KAYTRANADA lately, he's a great producer and often works with other artists, you could check him out.

8. Ruth

Ruth New Member

I would suggest vivir MI vida by Marc Anthony. It is an Italian song that explains to us that the is no need of fighting. Also I would suggest you listen to shape of you by ed shereen

9. techigeek

techigeek New Member

Ahh !!! music . The best way to start everyday weather it be ,Rock, Metal ,Hip-Hop, classical, etc. Music is essential to everyone's life and there are enough genres to suite any mood or situation. In ancient times music was used as a form of medicine ,a spiritual one and it was believed to be the solution to many problems so many cultures started to revolve around music and it inevitably became an essential to everyday life.

Personally I prefer the Rock and Christian rock genre , this genre could fill even the laziest person in the world with energy :D especially if that person were to listen to a Breaking Benjamin, a Skillet or a linkin park. but personally I prefer skillet .

10. Mortemonee

Mortemonee Member

Music tocso any people is a part of life, when they are upset and want to calm themselves down, they listen to music. My favorite musician is Tracy Chapman.

11. techigeek

techigeek New Member

I like to try new music on a regular basis , so this sounds like something worth giving a try .Thank you for the info

12. Mortemonee

Mortemonee Member

You are welcome. And if you do love Don Williams it also a gretcmusic for the mind. It is a country music

13. techigeek

techigeek New Member

Thank you ;)

14. Reese

Reese New Member

Young, Wild & Free' by Wiz Khalifa if you just feeling cool.;) Songs of Selena Gomez are pretty cool too if you just want to chill, songs beats are good!. now, if you feeling down, depressed, try Christians music, Laura Story,Hillsongs and Chris Tomlin that Lift Your Spirit!

15. TheArticulate

TheArticulate New Member

Blackmill is great! Glad to see someone recommending their work here. I'll go ahead and keep along the lines of their style of music and recommend anything by The Glitch Mob. Their song Mind of a Beast is great.