IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Apple Or Android

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by TCL, May 27, 2016.

1. TCL

TCL New Member

Apple Or Android?

Personally, I would have to go with Android because of all the improvements that have come in the recent years. For example, Android has come a long way since gingerbread for building a user interface; Originally, they stuck with a dark mode theme that didn't work, so recently they made a more user-friendly interface like ios. Also, Android has gained much more speed and functionality over the years making it just as fast and useful as ios, except in the gaming department. Based on this, we can conclude that they're equally swift and efficient; However, there is still one area I have yet to cover where ios come out on top. In the gaming department, Android when first running games will boot up to a black screen. This is because Android needs to do a compatibility check before booting the game, to make sure the game is compatible with the Hardware. ios, however, does not need to this check because all apps created for IOS are for the same hardware because Apple makes all the devices the same to avoid this test.

However, I can understand why many users prefer Apple over Android. Unlike Android, Apple has top-notch customer support to assist you if any technical problems arise. However, the odds you needed technical assistance are very unlikely, because most people need little technical knowledge to use Apple and ios. Finally, Apple has a clean and bright interface for everybody to use.

So, in conclusion, I prefer Android over Apple for the reasons above, but I can understand why other people might prefer Apple.

What do you think?

usman ali likes this.
  2. MissExtra

MissExtra New Member

I'm going to have to go with Android here, for a lot of reasons but I won't get into heavy details. Just a few little things I prefer over IOS.

I love that I'm not beholden to iTunes, partially because of the extra bulk of iTunes software on a PC if you want to do something like rent a movie or whatnot. It's a bit ridiculous when the Play store will let you stream what you rent from your browser or device without a lot of extra installing.

I also find that media tends to be a bit cheaper on Play than it does on iTunes and there are fun apps like Google Rewards that will let you take surveys and reward you with Google Credits to spend at the Play store. I've made about 25-ish bucks doing that and it doesn't take long or slow down your device in any way. I've used the credits to buy apps and rent movies.

The big one, though, is that iPhones, iPads, other Apple products are just way, way too expensive for me. If I had the cash to fork over a couple of hundred bucks ever 15 minutes for the newest phone I might feel differently, though. :p

3. sharatharadhya

sharatharadhya New Member

The sheer fact that Android's Updates are very bad at after sales Software support is enough to clearly answer this question. I don't hate Android but I feel Google I not trying hard enough to bring in a Universal experience. If that can be fixed then I would really appreciate the openness of the Android Platform. Apple, on the other hand, is a complete SmartPhone. Not just the Update factor, but also the fact that Apple has taken time optimizing its software to work with the Hardware. Most Apple devices are not even half as powerful as Android Devices but outperform each one of them. I do agree that A9 is a great Chipset, but Eight cores vs Two Cores, 2GB RAM vs 4GB RAM( and sometimes 6GB) is awful on Android's part. Apple devices outperform Android even in the battery Department.

Yep, Apple iPhone.

4. Shammy

Shammy New Member

I used to be an Android fanboy for the longest time but right now I'm on the fence about the whole debate. The reason I was so into it was because of all the customizeability, I spent hours upon hours changing ROMs, messing with the layout and OS of the phone, changing the kernel to make the battery last longer or simply using root to modify some of the core settings of the phone. It was a lot of fun and I had the coolest phone in my classroom! :p
    Nowadays I don't spend that much time on my phone anymore, so I don't mess around with it too much. That's why I'm thinking of buying an iPhone just because it works and you don't need to change a lot of settings to make it good. Not sure if I'm going to buy one yet though.

5. LyzeMoore

LyzeMoore New Member

I personally prefer using iOS because of it's functionality. There isn't the "Android lag" that is so often discussed. Instead, iOS has a very seamless operating system. However, I will say that with Android, there is a lot more freedom to customize your phone and download different apps that are unavailable to Apple users. Also, Apple does make transferring data a little bit more difficult; however, I have downloaded Google Calendar, Google Keep, and synced my mail to my Gmail account so that I have a much easier time transferring data to a regular PC as I do in fact use Windows for my computer.

Paran Kapur likes this.
  6. xzreplays

xzreplays New Member

Android has always been number one for me for many reasons. First one being there is different variety of phones to chose from compared to iPhone which is only one brand. Android also gives me the chance to have the chance to customize my phone which is not available on iOS.

7. Mike2016

Mike2016 New Member

I currently have and use Apple products. I have an iPad that works great and has an active applications environment unmatched. I also have an iPhone which works and looks great. The only drawbacks that I have with Apple is the fact that you have to purchase more items due to the lack of consistent updates. Android seems to offer more updates and their products are cheaper to purchase.

8. bhouston@35

bhouston@35 New Member

Apple all the way! I have an iPad and have used a MAC. My household also owns and uses 3 iPhones. We used to be Android users but once we switched, we never went back. The difference is amazing. The functionality is usually very smooth and no issues. Occasionally I will wonder why a call didn't come in but that is probably just my carrier.

9. Narad Maharaj

Narad Maharaj New Member

I personally use Android because I think that it is more compatible with more devices like for example my Smart TV. Another Reason is because Android's App Store has 2.2 Million apps while Apple has 2 Million. It's a little more convenient having .2 million more apps to choose from.

10. Eldho

Eldho New Member

Android for sure, it is much more customisable it suits my purpose. I am not saying iOS is not good but it doesn't make much sense to me. There are a couple of reasons for that. First, you have to pay a really hefty amount to get into the IOS environment, even if you did you then have to pay more the cloud storage and important apps. Simply speak I don't functionality over form.

usman ali likes this.
  11. sikanderawan

sikanderawan New Member

It depends upon the style,easiness and cost effectiveness options.As my country is developing,mostly people are poor and can't afford the Apple because they don't want to use the applications by paying the money.They prefer to use android.
    I will always prefer Apple over Android because you get the quality for what you pay.Androids are not always reliable except if they are of famous brands like Samsung,Sony Xperia or HTC. Apple has the best quality in camera, resolution and touch system. One problem is that you can't change the screen background in Apple whereas in Android, you can easily do this activity.Apple app store has best applications I ever use.

12. bella556

bella556 Member

I like the Android with all of the features for playing games, speed is pretty good when closing out other apps on the phone. I like the way I can look up numbers quickly and make phone calls in a very short time. I also like the way I can take photos and send them to Facebook or retrieve them to post on other sites I am on the internet. Messaging on the phone usually works real well for me. Most of the time when I receive or send messages are gotten to the right person.

13. Hilary

Hilary New Member

Apple, is the best choice for me. It is so easy to use and also has less problems than the android. It is simple and very user friendly. There are constant software updates to always making it better.

14. Aree Wongwanlee

Aree Wongwanlee New Member

I use Android all the time. I did have a peek at the iPhones used by some of my students. Nothing exciting there. Generally speaking, I am not a big fan of Apple. They have a tendency to believe that their users should pay more for the privilege of the brand name. Myself, I want to use a tool not let a tool make use of me. So I use Android.

It's a great platform. True, many apps could do with some improvement. Indeed, for some apps, a lot of improvement is overdue. However, being a free platform, it gives me the chance to try things out. That's the best part. Sometimes, when I am in between urgent matters, I would just spend an hour or so just trying out apps in the Play Store.

15. Nathan047

Nathan047 New Member

As you can probably guess thanks to my avatar, I'm going with Android.

The biggest reason I prefer android would be the customizability of the system. You've never heard of jail-breaking an Android, and that's because it comes automatically with the freedom of a jail-broken iPhone. I've also always been one to tinker around with my electronics, so I enjoy the ability to root and flash my devices. Lastly, unless I'm going to buy the latest Galaxy S I'll be getting a much cheaper device thanks to the fact that there are lots of manufactures that make Android, driving the price down.

16. SammieSamSam

SammieSamSam New Member

Both. depends on what you want. apple is better for starting users. android is better if you want to root or something.

17. Canaria

Canaria New Member

Android is very user friendly and have a wide variety of applications to offer. Due to its large fan base, most software developer are more inclined to create their software specifically for it. Security-wise however, Apple is far superior than Android, and that's how they primarily compensated for the lacks of software available for use.

18. usman ali

usman ali New Member

It's kind a fun reading all the reasons why the other OS is better than the other. Sure android may have more customization options but how often do you use them? I turned in my iPhone 6s plus for a galaxy s7 edge and I loved it, it was super awesome! But after a month I found that even if the s7 had more features, I rarely used them because some of them was just gimmicky.
    well, comparing Android and Apple is like comparing battlefield and Call of Duty, one gets updated rarely and has major changes, and one gets updated so often you don't even realize there are changes at all.;););)

19. bachir

bachir New Member

Hi there, If you are the kind of persons that like restrictions and ties so you stick to Apple and ios, in other hand, if you don't then you are to go with Android. easy (ios is much easier by the way). Android simply because it is open source and flexible to the user and the developer.

20. belze7

belze7 New Member

Android all the way! I mean, I've been with android all my life since I bought my first smarphone and I can't see myself using other kind of software. The apps I use the most in my cellphone only can be downloaded in android and even though apple has some interesting things like itunes, with android you have a lot of alternatives from the play store.

In my case I study a lot with my cellphone with all the apps available so I don't need anything else than that but maybe in the future apple will have something that will catch my interest and if the new apple device is cheap, I will consider buying one.