IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Apple Or Android

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by TCL, May 27, 2016.

1. Riyandi

Riyandi New Member

Today many people are still confused to choose android or IOS, include me :). Because both operating systems on the smartphone operating system which is quite influential in the mobile world. Each system has advantages and sophistication that does not lose each other.

If we were to choose which one is better between IOS and Android, we certainly will have difficulty because each OS has advantages and qualities. IOS is the operating system of Apple which is embedded in a variety of gadgets vendor production giants. Starting from iPhone, iPad, and the iMac - everything is installed with IOS that can be updated at any time. While Android is Google's operating system output whose development is so rapid and fast although still fairly new. Android is currently only able to keep abreast with the Apple gadget. Moreover, this OS is open source - so allow developers to develop software applications for their creations.

Currently, consumers do not want to be limited to only one or two choices only. Hence, the Android platform is still the most favorite gadget in the world market. This is because Android does not fixate on one brand phones only. There are many choices of gadgets with different designs that can attract a wider audience than the Apple products are limited. In addition, Apple's mobile phone is less compatible with the system outside IOS.

2. Cryptoreal

Cryptoreal Member

For optimal selection interface and speed searching engines, built in machine OS since age of software technology, I would go with android despite its minimal interaction in the world of creating codes and writing scripts by programmers.
    But personalization is exceptionally impressive compared to an Apple computer.

3. tiplove2228

tiplove2228 New Member

android apple break down to easily or burn out

4. Bart vangampelaere

Bart vangampelaere New Member

Android all the way! Apple is too restricted and you need to jailbreak in order to find then liberty of the OS. Android doesn't have all this. Its simple, user friendly and with the minimum knowledge, you can practically do anything ( like the like Linux system)

5. Anas Naji

Anas Naji New Member

When people ask me what the differences are between ios and android, I like to say that ios is like buying the finished death star. It works the way someone else designed it to and works well. Android is like buying the unfinished death star. You can finish it any way you want but have to spend the time doing so.

6. Sahal PS

Sahal PS New Member

Honestly, I had both the Android and Apple. According to me, Apple is suitable for peoples like officers and businessman. Most of the today's youth prefer Android because one can customize their phone, download music and videos. When it is coming to the features, once again Android wins.
    Apple cannot be modified or install any theme to it, it will look stock forever.

7. luri

luri New Member

Android and Apple devices can be compared in various ways.
    Price: There are various companies that manufacture Android devices, Android devices are very cheap as well as very expensive. Everyone can afford Android. However, Apple devices are manufactured by only one company and not everyone can afford Apple.
    Design: Since Android devices are manufactured by many companies, Android devices come in various designs, however, Apple devices do not have too many variations.

8. Mortemonee

Mortemonee Member

In my case, I will go for Android because of it applications and easy to understand. I have been using Android phone and most software I downloaded are compatible with Android version and when I try to send it to a different phone it will not work because it is not Android. The sweet thing about Android is that you can receive App's from other OS.

9. bossthecall

bossthecall New Member

Agree. Apple is better if you do not want to modify or customize your phone. But if you want to customize of modify your phone you should go with Android.

Apple is better in many fields such as security, the security of Apple is really better like their Touch ID tends to work better than Androids fingerprint system. But Apple is really limited to what has been provided by Apple itself, you cannot modify it much according to your test and also the most of applications on Apple Store are paid that's somewhat negative point because not everyone can afford to spend on something like apps.

Android is obviously the dad here! tho Android is not as secure as Apple, but the customization choice is way better than android, from launchers to roms you can change everything, you can make the look of your phone according to your test, and also the most of the apps on Google Playstore are free of cost, and that's a really positive point.

Conclusion will be :-
    Security - Apple
    Customization - Android
    Free Apps - Android

10. spike1206

spike1206 New Member

Apple 100%. Apple products just work and tend to outlast Android products in their lifespan. The Apple OS is more user-friendly and also offers more protection from viruses and hackers than Android's OS. Apple products are also supported by the newest operating system much longer than Android products are.

11. Riley12343

Riley12343 New Member

12. Atropia

Atropia New Member

Absolutely an Android fan, there's a lot of support in the community for it and allows a lot of freedom in customizing my interface in any way I'd like. I feel like as each iteration of Android progresses (KitKat, Lollipop, Nougat), there's always an exciting feature for the update. There are also lots of cross-operating system applications that are supported on both ends so no OS is really preferred when it comes to App support.

13. steviebentley

steviebentley New Member

I actually like and use both, My everyday handset that I use as an actual phone is an iPhone 7 but I also use a very old LG G3 for surfing the web and watching videos etc.

So I like the iPhone just because it's such a simple phone to use and I've had iPhones since they first came to the UK

As for my LG wow what can I say such a great phone for watching movies on the 5.5inch display, also surfing the internet looks really good and playing games

So that's me I like both iOS and android.

14. Jaylah

Jaylah New Member

I hate to jump on the Android bandwagon, but at the same time I'd love to. Android is such a free reign system compared to Apple. Although I've experienced both; I always went back with Android. I like Apple's physical attributes of their phones. The technology is amazing! I also love the fact that the Apple store has tons of unique apps only in the Apple store (the virtual one) itself. However, I just can't seem to get away from my beloved Android :) I agree with the original poster's view a lot.

15. awilson92

awilson92 New Member

Android certainly is the only device I would ever buy because of the types of apps it has. They also are the only kind I have ever had other than occasionally using a Mac or an Ipod here and there. But when it comes to my phone or devices that use the appstore, I will always use Android.

16. Pady

Pady New Member

I was a Android user. I was not a big fan of Apple phones up to 5s series of iPhone. But after I bought 6s and then.....

Ohh my god!!! I didn't even seen Android phones after that

I think ios is there for me as an Android user. It's really feels like mature os. But density of information is still little bit of lacking. It is not enough for me. But still I enjoy control panel. IPhone 6s best in way that you are expected to work. Finger print scanner is really faster than my expectations. Every think feels really polish on 6s.

Main thing I like Apple very much because....
    It's an iPhone.

17. docx

docx New Member

Android of corse .Android has more variety than Apple.Apple is used more from old people or babys.It is very limited at functions.

18. TheDiscerningGranny

TheDiscerningGranny New Member

I definitely prefer Apple iOS over Android. I have had Apple, Android and Windows phones so I can give my personal views on each. With Android I really didn't play games or use apps beyond taking photos and rarely facebook. I used it mostly as a phone and camera or to try to get it to look nice and neat but everything had ads in it so it was annoying. Windows I used a few more apps, mostly social media. I texted more in addition to using just the phone. With Apple iOS I use a lot more apps, play games, take notes, keep calendars and the camera is so great. I get a lot more use from my iPhone than I ever did from either Android or Windows. Aesthetics really matter to me too, and iOS has a very sleek, clean design that is just more visually pleasing to me.

Happyflowerlady likes this.
  19. Paran Kapur

Paran Kapur New Member

I would say it suits different people differently. Both have their pros and cons. Personally, I haven't ever owned an iPhone so i really do not have an attachment with it. I will go with android because i love options. Android is an open source. It can be customized to all desirable forms with some certain restrictions. It can provide a wide variety of options to the user. iOS on the other hand gives a straightforward, minimal possibilities for a change view to the users. It is not an open source and you have to pay to use the basic applications such as listening to music.(itunes)

Android has always given me flexibility. I can flash various roms on my phone, upgrade instantly, root my phone and give it an edge over other basic functionalities.

20. braveyard

braveyard New Member

Android hands down. Apple is too limited, always has been even before the iPhone. Apple doesn't let you choose things, they just do it for you. They also limit you on which apps you can or can not use.

I want a more personalized experience with a platform that can be used by anyone. Many apps have a version for both IOS and Android and the Android version is always better with more features and more ways to personalize it. If you don't believe me, go to the ScreenTime website and compare the Android features to the IOS features.

There is also no tray with IOS, you cant hide the apps you don't want display without deleting them. Its super annoying to have all that clutter there. Apple expects you to pay more for less.

I played with Windows phone before as well, and while I liked it a tiny bit more than Apple which I thought the interface was clunky in a way that was trying to be smooth. Fortunately for me, it seems that Android is here to stay.

Braveyard :rolleyes: - the good guy say so....................