IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Are AP Courses really worth it?

Discussion in 'Education' started by sergioh651, Jan 20, 2017.

1. sergioh651

sergioh651 New Member

I was reading an article a while back that reflected on the difficulty of AP courses. The author of this article mentioned how students are pushing themselves too hard, and not receiving enough sleep just because they spend too much time studying. In the end, some students end up failing their AP exams, only to show that the time they put into those courses was not worth it. Should students have to take such rigorous courses only to get credit for a course in college?

2. SheriS

SheriS New Member

I've known a lot of really smart people. Taking AP courses does help you to get a college scholarship. But some of the people that I've known who were really smart, went to jail, for various crimes. I think being too smart can put too much pressure on young kids today. I think it's up to the discrepancy of the parent's as to what their children can and cannot handle. It's better to take a less stressful class and get an "A", than to fail an AP class.