IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Are Laptops are Better than Desktop?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Sangita Devi, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Chander Mohan

Chander Mohan New Member

Yes Laptops are better than desktop PC due to their portability we can use laptops anywhere, just charge you battery and choose the location where you want to use to do work rather than sitting in front of your PC on same chair for hours. I use to do lots of work on my laptop rather than on PC . I am so use to it that I forget how many years got passed that i last used my desktop but my brother use that so its cool to me :)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  2. neville

neville New Member

I would say that there are a lot of circumstances and situations in which you can choose any of them, as for myself i have always preferred a laptop over a desktop solely due to the fact that you're not tied up to one spot and you can roam freely without any restraints. But overall it depends on which tasks you're planing on performing and which system will be more beneficial to you.

3. Dominickongo

Dominickongo New Member

I believe laptops were introduced to cater for various requirements like portability and better convenience over desktop computers. In addition, the capabilities of a desktop computer can also be in a laptop therefore enabling users to achieve their desired results without being limited to being in a specific location.

Despite the argument that desktops are superior to laptops, the laptop still remains a more chosen device.

4. plenc

plenc Member

Yes Laptops may have all benefits and options, But a laptop cant beat a Desktop, because it is very fragile and gets worn out very quickly a laptop cant handle heavy or high hitting up work.

5. jamesblogger

jamesblogger New Member

I used a compter like 8 yrs ago. Now i work on board a ship i am using a high end laptop and i am happy with it. I never miss using a computer meaning that all what i need is found on my laptop. The bad side of a laptop i think is that it cost more to have a quality specs. I am very much happy that I can use it anywhen in the world from cars to airplanes, outside our houses and even in antartica i was able to use my laptop. It also has a battery which mean we can use it even there is no power supply. You just need to take good care of it because I believe that it has a shorter life span. I dont even use it's trackpad and built in keyboard to maintain it's prestine condition. For me laptop is much way more useful than a computer, we just need to take good care for its parts because those are expensive :cry:.

6. plenc

plenc Member

Haha yes that's really true don't cry though,if like it you got to care of it.

7. Wyvh

Wyvh New Member

It's quite difficult to say. It's mostly a matter of self-opinion, but both have their specifications.
    While Laptops allow us to travel with it easily and actually use it mostly anywhere, Desktop computers are more likely to be used by gamers and developpers/video-makers for video rendering and development (i'm talking about Games/Movies development, not Coding).

8. surebettn

surebettn New Member

I think there are some factors one can consider when deciding between getting a desktop computer or a laptop. You need to consider such factors as; cost, portability, screen size, power supply, etc.

So, it solely depends on you and how you intend using the system. For instant, I love the fact that laptop is more portable, cheaper and retain more power in case of power failure. So, I would automatically choose Laptop over Desktop anytime

9. Michael Soriano

Michael Soriano New Member

It depends really, as both are designed to fulfill someone's needs differently, but to sum it up laptops are made to be more practical than desktops in a way where you can bring it wherever, whenever that it is convenient how ever desktops are made to be more efficient in terms of power and it is alot cheaper. desktops tend to more cheaper than laptops but at the end of the I would just buy laptops as I don't have a permanent place to live with so I pretty much prefer bringing my computer whenever wherever it is convenient.

10. Wolvez12345

Wolvez12345 New Member

I believe so. One reason it's more portable and versatile. Which in a lot of situations today you need. Second, you get the same, but in a smaller package.

11. .michael

.michael New Member

Well, I think that it's better own a computer than a laptop but it really depends. I use my computer to play games, edit videos, run forum and so on, so computer suits me (for my needs). But, if you travel a lot and you only use Internet for Facebook, Google, YouTube, then, laptop is the best option for you.
    During the day I mostly play games and that's why I own only a computer. My sister has a laptop so sometimes I use her's to do some basic stuff on the Internet.

Of course there are laptops that have better performance than a computer but I think games would be much easier to play if you have a separate keyboard. On laptops keyboards are way too small...You can buy a separate keyboard but it feels weird to play on a small screen while your keyboard is far from you.
    Therefore, Internet = laptop, gaming = PC.

12. VILMA CAPE

VILMA CAPE New Member

Most convenient way to use is laptop than desktop. We can bring laptop in any places we want to. It is easier to carry since it is lighter. If we are going to far away places we can bring it everyday like me that I am teaching in a hinterland school, I bring it everyday.

13. Damianus

Damianus New Member

Laptops are better that desktops. Desktops were better before when many laptops had inferior specifications related to speed, heating, weight and energy consumption. We've seen drastic improvement over the years.

14. Chelle

Chelle New Member

I use both but have always preferred desktops. My son builds computers and has built me a few for less than what I would have paid for a laptop or desktop built by anyone else.

I am also losing my eyesight and need things magnified much larger than laptop screens, and for me, desktops work better for that (even though laptops can be hooked up to them as well). My current monitor is 46-inches, and the next one I get will at least be 70-inches.

15. mihir225

mihir225 New Member

Yes, laptops are better than desktop computers. I like laptops because of the portability of laptop you can use laptops anywhere anytime. Laptops are better than desktop because everything that can be done by the desktop computer can also be easily done with the laptop. Hence, laptops are better than desktop.

16. CyLes

CyLes New Member

I thinks laptops are better than desktop. Laptops have a great advantage in terms of their portability. If you carry a laptop with you, your applications and documents are always immediately available. With a wireless card, your laptop can also access the Internet while on the go, so you have more places to do research, check your email, and be more productive.

17. zebis

zebis New Member

I go for Laptops. I can comfortably operate my Laptop while on the bed without stressing my backbones while sitting on the chair operating a Desktop. It's portability was what made Laptop to be loved all over the world because you can operate it in the car, plane or club. My Laptop last for more than 4 hours while Desktop is only booted with the only electricity or UPS(Uninterrupted power supply).

18. Haroon Rasheed

Haroon Rasheed Member

I would definitely raise my hands to support the laptops.Laptops are always better than desktops as they are carried everywhere we want.Laptops are carried everywhere because of their portability.Laptops are more relaible and easy to use in a convenient environment.

19. Mikey

Mikey New Member

In my opinion, desktops and laptops are both good and I can not decide. Why? Laptops may be portable but they can be slow at times because if you want something affordable then the laptop you would get would be horrible most of the time and laptops overheat which makes the performance way slower. Desktops don't usually overheat as easily as laptops and they have better performance which then makes it easier to use, on the other hand desktops are not portable unless they are small enough but usually they are not which then makes it harder to bring with you on a trip as laptops are easier in that case. Now if you traveled a lot then laptops would be good for you but if you didn't then desktops would be good.

20. Mikey

Mikey New Member

I personally think that they are both equally good. Why? Laptops are portable and can be taken on vacations easily but they aren't that good with performance or stabilizing temperature. Desktops can stabilize temperature, be cooled easier, and perform better. Desktops are better in a sense that you can do things a lot easier and better but that doesn't mean to not keep a laptop with you.