IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Are Laptops are Better than Desktop?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Sangita Devi, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Jsmith

Jsmith New Member

To be sincere am surprised seeing someone post this thread. Laptops have alot of benefits than Desktop and that is why it was preferred by many people over Desktop.

Laptops are portable, you can lie comfortably on your bed while operating it, carrying it wherever you want to go, operating it anywhere, like you can operate your laptop while In your car, club and so many other places. But the pain of straining your backbone sitting on a chair while operating a Desktop can drive someone insane. It's not portable, it only occupies space in your room couple up with the amount of heat it produces. Though am not saying that Desktops are not useful in times of high performance but what am saying is that laptops do better works than Desktops, and quite simple to operate. Lets check the fact that all the components that is separate in Desktop and quite hard to assemble is encompassed as one in laptops.

2. kayjay77

kayjay77 New Member

Hello Yowsef24.

Receiving your laptop message and believing your laptop message with is not only a fun thing in its own rite, yet it's also exciting that you seem to agree with so many people that the fact that laptops are suitable is one of the main benefits that attract people to laptops in the first place. I mean, you can even carry them through airport security and enjoy your laptop on the airplane itself.

Although, desktops remain the king of computers; the world owes its entire modern existence to the desktop computers that are on the desks of banks, hospitals, homes, airports, train stations, rental facilities, and on and on and on everywhere. It also is very fine of you to remind us that laptops being able to have good specs serves as yet another benefit of the next best thing to the desktop. Awesomely written post.

3. archelix18

archelix18 New Member

I uses both, but for me. I prefer Desktop over Laptop. It is simply because, Desktop is the first configuration of personal computer, so Laptop is mostly based in Desktop configuration. I know Laptops are more convenient than Desktops, since you can bring Laptops anywhere you want. But Desktop is more useful in terms of heavy work. Desktops also way more cheaper than Laptops, and it's more easy to find it's compatible specs if ever in time of repair.

4. akshaychouhan785

akshaychouhan785 New Member

It always depends on your status. If you are a student or journalist or a freelancer, it is best to use a laptop for convenience as you can bring it anywhere. If you are a programmer or designer or a gamer, you need to have a more powerful computer, a desktop is more suitable for your needs since desktops tend to have more powerful hardware. ;)

Laptops for upgrading hardware is quite pricey and not practical for long-term use as their parts like battery and processor deteriorate much faster due to inefficient cooling.

5. Maria Crisanta

Maria Crisanta New Member

The desktop will always be better than a laptop. However, people prefer to use laptops because of its convenience. You can take it anywhere with you. If you're a student then you need a computer at all times, but you can't exactly bring your computer to school, can you? So, a laptop is your best bet. There are now newer versions of laptops that can compete with the capacity of a personal computer.

6. Joshua Bautista

Joshua Bautista New Member

The only thing that laptop is better is because of it's mobility, other than that desktop is still better. For example the price of desktop is cheaper than laptop, also the upgradability of the desktop make it better. And you can custom build your own desktop to your liking.

7. elenaalcongerardo

elenaalcongerardo New Member

Unquestionably yes, Laptop is better than desktop. It's more convenient. It's easier to bring. It's not that heavy so you can bring it everywhere. It is not that also energy consuming. You can save energy and money at the same time. Laptop is also the combination of monitor,CPU, webcam, speaker of a desktop. Why did they invented laptops in the first place? It's because they want to improve desktops. That's why laptops are better than desktops.

8. reuben onyango

reuben onyango New Member

I have found it hard to shift from my desktop to a laptop. I just don't find laptops comfortable. These are the reasons I love desktops.

Desktop computers are easier and less expensive to upgrade and repair.
    They have more power and features.
    Desktop computers are less expensive and offer better overall value.
    Desktop computers have larger and easier to use keyboards and their mouse are comfortable to use.
    Desktops have larger monitors.

9. richellemchua

richellemchua New Member

I must say yes! Laptops are way better than desktops. They are both useful but laptop is more convenient to use. Unlike desktop that you can only use in one certain place, laptop is portable that you can easily carry around wherever you go. Desktops get useless at home when you're away and need access, I have nothing against desktop but laptop is a better tool.

10. Den

Den New Member

Laptop while driving? Seriously? Oh well, good luck to you not meeting accidents.

For me it depends, everything you said is right. However, there are things that I like about my desktop is its durability and I can totally upgrade it by parts without breaking so much money from my account unlike laptop that you need to buy the whole new one. Plus the fact that I can use it for the long hours of work without low battery warning.

11. Hello World

Hello World New Member

Laptop are better than laptop of we consider comfort and portability. Laptops are now as powerful as PCs as the the size of components is decreasing. But the disadvantage is that we can't upgrade the components and resources if we need to.

Laptop are much more usable when we need to use it on any place we like. We can't carry PC anywhere. We need to be at the single place when we need to use it.

12. benedict odhiambo

benedict odhiambo New Member

nope, desktop are better because they are expandable and way faster than laptops

13. Mr.Banks

Mr.Banks New Member

Each one has benefits latops offer mobility .The amount of power we are able to pack into a mobile form is ever increasing.Desktops offer more power and expandibility that laptops can't match with desktops you have the ability to have multi-sockets platform for server use.Desktop can also have parts easily upgraded and swapped.It's always going to be based on the situation that the user is in.

14. rishman

rishman New Member

Laptops are very convenient as you can take them everywhere. I feel desktops still have a place as in they are good for servers and also in some businesses that are customer oriented such as banks, forex bureau, restaurants . such businesses are better placed with desktops as laptops are considered to "belong to an individual" in my view.

15. tongyun

tongyun New Member

I prefer using laptops over desktops when I'm at home because it gives me the benefits of a smaller platform and portability. I can also connect my laptop to any of my TVs if there's something I want to watch on a larger screen.

When I'm at work I use a desktop and have two monitors connected so I can be more productive. That isn't something I can do (connect two monitors) with my laptop at home. The one drawback with a laptop is that because it's so portable, people need to be careful as they move it around and use it.

One person I know was having a problem with her laptop turning off suddenly while she was using it. Turned out she had her laptop sitting in such a way that it blocked the vent that released the hot air. Once she was taught to allow for air movement under the laptop, it stayed on until she was done with it.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  16. Faizan Corbin

Faizan Corbin New Member

Laptop is better than desktop. The reasons why I think Laptop is better than Desktop are firstly Laptop is portable and convenient. We can carry it to everywhere we want. Moreover, we can use Laptop indoor or outdoor while Desktop can’t do like this because desktop is much more heavy

17. Bhaskar

Bhaskar New Member

Yes, Laptops are better than desktop in many ways. You can take it with you to anywhere you travel without a burden, but can you imagine about carrying a desktop with you? For desktop, you need a constant power supply but for laptop, you don't need to, you can use laptop battery for more than an hour. You can also use external hardware parts while necessary to your laptop.
    I personally prefer and use the laptop more than desktop.