IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Are There Any Movies You Watch Over and Over?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by harisali1217, May 19, 2016.

1. Fatjon

Fatjon New Member

Me too, i watch form time to time the Limitless movies and the Limitless series.Make me feel very inspirational and raises my mood and logic up. I have been suggested recently to all my friends those movies and make them understand and see thing from my perspective of watching a brilliant movie. I also watch from time to time and the spy serial movies ALIAS,quite awesome action and technology and ideas.

2. dnak10

dnak10 New Member

There are some movies that I don't even want to watch till the end because I get sick of it during the first 20 minutes and then there are few movies that I've watched more than 20 times. "Life As We Know It" is one of my all-time favorites. I'm not sure if it's because of the adorable baby, or Josh Duhamel or the plot but I just can't seem to stop watching it.

3. AppState422

AppState422 New Member

It's interesting to note how different peoples' answers are here! Harry Potter is mentioned a lot, but otherwise, they're completely different titles and genres. Very cool! Confession: I have never read nor seen anything Harry Potter.
    I could honestly name so many movies... Although maybe I shouldn't, now that I'm realizing my go-to list doesn't include too many movies of substance. Oops. At least there are a few...
    I can watch the following and recite every line (much to my husband's dismay...). Do any of you do the same??
    Pretty Woman... ALL. DAY. LONG. I have worn out multiple VHS tapes and DVDs.
    Notting Hill... Ditto the above.
    Runaway Bride
    My Best Friend's Wedding (noticing a pattern?)
    Friday
    To Kill A Mockingbird
    Les Miserables
    Phantom of the Opera
    So I Married An Ax Murderer
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    Shopgirl
    Bye-Bye Birdie
    Forest Gump

I may have to add more later. ;)

Mayra4Success likes this.
  4. AppState422

AppState422 New Member

I miss ALIAS so much!!

5. BloomingThrough

BloomingThrough Member

Movies that I love to watch over and over are love and basketball, the temptations , color purple, Any movie with Liam neeson he's amazing , lion king, straight out of Compton, dawn of the planet of the apes. I can watch these movies over again and they never get old. Have you ever watched a movie and every time you play it you find something new about it. I love when that moment happens.

6. LadyMae

LadyMae New Member

Great films ( and any source of great art ) has the ability to never age - Apocalypse Now and The Beach are two of my all-time favorites. These films have a true message behind them, and they generally make you think as opposed to only appealing to the entertainment factor. These films are by two different directors & writers, but both have a similar message of breaking from the conforms of society, and walking your own path. I would happily say they have formed part of my education and contributed to my view on life. It is through great forms of art, that we can passionately take in the truth about our world, broadening our horizons and hopefully learning something new!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  7. Jane

Jane New Member

I might be the only person in the world who watches Pearl Harbor over and over again. I love history and anything that talks about it. And for some reason, vintage gives me the kind of happiness like a child having her first ice cream. It always amazes me how the world exists before I was born. But one bonus to this film is the romance. Kate and Ben have such a powerful chemistry.

8. Mayra4Success

Mayra4Success New Member

AppState422, you are a woman after my own heart. I can't emphasize enough how much I love the movie, Pretty Woman. This movie has so much chemistry from start to finish. I'm curious to know what some of your favorite parts are. Starting from the beginning, Julia Roberts has me in stitches as Vivian. When the old couple stare at Vivian in her prostitute attire and Vivian looks at them then turns to Edward and says, "Look honey, I've got a runner in my pantyhose!" Vivian then looks over at the older couple with an awesome smile and says, "Oh, I'm not wearing any pantyhose." How about the part in the movie when Vivian spits her gum out on Rodeo Drive? The amazing thing is that even though I've seem this movie over twenty times, I can honestly say that I react the same way each and every time.

There is only one other movie that has the same affect on me. I won't say the name of the movie, but I will give you just one thing, "Nobody puts my baby in the corner."

nikki rose likes this.
  9. Jas Skylar

Jas Skylar New Member

A movie I watch over and over is The Longest Ride. It's a chick-flick type movie and intertwines two love stories from two different generations.

10. nikki rose

nikki rose New Member

There are so very many movies I have watched multiple times. I have three all-time favorites - Fight Club, Pretty Woman and Purple Rain. I have viewed each of these movies at least fifty times. Can never get enough, as I grow and change and continue to mature, I get something different out of each of these flicks during each viewing.

Other movies I find multiple watch-worthy include Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, Meet The Parents, Son In Law, The Holiday, The Fast & Furious Franchise, The Harry Potter Franchise, The Iron Man Franchise.

Some movies are unicorns, they have a special sprinkle of magic. I watch my unicorns multiple times.

11. VIKRAM SOLANKI

VIKRAM SOLANKI New Member

I really often love to watch The best conceptual movies which really inspires me and make me strong. May be this is 20th time I am still watching "The Pursuit Of Happiness" and The new movie is Fences watched over 3 times very Gripping! So the best movies can bring awareness to the whole world and those movies are evergreen really makes us who we are!.

VINOD KUMAR likes this.
  12. VINOD KUMAR

VINOD KUMAR New Member

Yes you are right man!

VIKRAM SOLANKI likes this.
  13. evah_w

evah_w New Member

The ones I can come up with off the top of my head are:
    Casablanca: mostly because it is extremely quotable, but also because Bogey :) who manages to look nonchalant and hopelessly in love at the same time.
    Lucky Number Slevin- I love the dialogue and the pacing of this flick. It got mixed reviews when it came out, something about it being too clever for its own good but it is still a genuinely enjoyable film.
    Ocean's Eleven: I'm referring to the remake with George Clooney, not the original with Sinatra; although it was also pretty good. The other two installments did not live up to their hype and sadly publicity for the reboot has focused mostly on the fact that the cast is all-female.
    The Italian Job: Another caper. This one also started my obsession with Mini Coopers; some marketing executive should be proud. This one is also a remake and the original ended with one the best known cliffhangers in movie history.

14. todwyer01

todwyer01 New Member

If you are a fan of comedies, I recommend Mel Brook's movies. Anything from Mel Brooks will make you laugh until your sides hurt. If I were to recommend which ones I would say: for westerns (Blazing Saddles), for vampires (Dracula, Dead and Loving It!) and for Sci-fi (Space Balls). All classics and fun for the whole family. Enjoy

15. todwyer01

todwyer01 New Member

Although the newer ones were not that good, Die Hard movies (#1 & #2) are definitely Christmas classics. Bruce Willis (I feel) was funnier with hair than shaven. He seems a bit too serious with a bald head...like he is staring into your soul.

But that is just me.