IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Are there diseases of the poor and the rich people?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Jacob_Rosenfarb, May 31, 2017.

?

Are there diseases of the poor and the rich people?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jacob_Rosenfarb

Jacob_Rosenfarb New Member

Diseases such as tuberculosis and cancer have been approached by various sociologists in the sense that, in their respective contexts, these diseases are associated with ideas of contagion as if these two phenomena were necessarily a consequence of the diseases that the individuals would reveal.
    These diseases are also associated with certain social classes, as is the case of tuberculosis, which was seen as a disease of poverty and deprivation, while cancer attacked mainly the middle class, an idea linked to affluence and excess.

2. Kanagirl

Kanagirl New Member

The lifestyles are what will leave you vulnerable to certain diseases, I believe. Aside from the wealthy having access to better medical care, they also have access to healthier foods and habits. I can't afford a gym membership, nor do I have the time to go to the gym. That, compared to someone who works out everyday, leaves me unhealthier and open to more illnesses.