IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Are you addicted to your smartphone?

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Sommax, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Sommax

Sommax New Member

Most people today can't do without their smartphone. There life literally revolves their phone, and they can't do without it.

Fortunately, am one of those people. Funny enough, my smartphone is my best companion. I can't go anywhere without it; leaving it behind always makes me feel uncomfortable with myself. With my smartphone I never feel bored or lonely. Moreover, I like to read books; and I usually enjoy reading with my smartphone. I guess it's one of the reason that got me addicted to it.

Lets hear what you have to say. Are you addicted to your smartphone or not?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  2. meensusa

meensusa New Member

I am not addicted to my smartphone at all times during the day. But I couldn't resist my temptation of checking my phone as soon I wake up in the morning. I usually don't keep the phone in my bedroom so that it won't disturb my sleep in night.

If I don't any messages or emails, I feel irritated and will keep my mobile in the cupboard. I won't see it for couple of hours :). But it is a good companion for me in the day time.

3. Lioniixx piixx

Lioniixx piixx New Member

Not at all, quite frankly i am the opposite, i mainly use my phone for communication, listening to music and staying up to date with the latest news, as for the other activities such as social media, online shopping and banking, i prefer to use my laptop since i have gotten used it and it's far more practical and efficient. But this isn't the case for everyone, there are a lot of people that are having a lot of issues in dealing with their addiction since it affects their performance either work or study wise, and also disrupt their sleeping pattern.

4. Haroon Rasheed

Haroon Rasheed Member

Nowadays,I am totally addicted to my cell phone.I use my cell phone from early morning to late at night.Because, my college is off and I have to spend my day doing some thing new.That's why I use my cell phone many hours daily.In normal routine,I am totally different from this situation.I use my cell phone when I have to perform some task related to it.Sometimes, I use it to listen music and any kind of online shopping or something related to my routine tasks.

5. saygorem

saygorem New Member

Yes. I think so because everything now is virtually in our smartphones. Emails, special contact numbers, social media app and games. All leisure only in one device. It can also be used to pay our bills through its apps.it has virtually endless possibilities. But the downside is we forget chores and we tend to use our gadgets the whole day which is not right.

6. Amazingsteven

Amazingsteven New Member

I can hardly go a few hours without my phone and if that is what you called ' addictive' then I am guilty of it. The smartphone is quite addictive, with the huge range of third-party applications available at our disposal to download and install (both paid and free). I doubt if anyone would even feel boredom. Gone are the days of ordinary Mobile phone, whose functionality was just to make calls and send text messages. The smartphone has changed how we do things today. We can virtually do almost anything digitally with our smartphone.
    From taking pictures to watch videos, listening to music, playing games, surfing the Internet, reading the e-book and shopping online at the comfort of our bedroom. I guess it is what makes me addictive to my Smartphone.

7. markjp94

markjp94 New Member

Based on number of hours using my smartphone I guess I'm addicted. I can't go with a day without looking in my smartphone because I have lot of things that I do with it like searching for some information that I need, playing games, using other apps, playing some music, watching videos and so on. Even though I really want also to take care of my eyes and just stay away from my smartphone even just for a day I just can't because of these reasons, but I'm looking forward to it I hope so.

8. SydGhan

SydGhan New Member

Absolutely! I do everything through my smartphone. My banking, calendar, business contacts, personal contacts, networking, everything! I find it makes life so much more efficient, not to mention the vast wealth of information constantly available at my finger tips to win any argument!

9. Vladv26

Vladv26 New Member

I can say I am addicted to my smartphone but not in the way that all the people are. I spend maximum 10 minutes per day on social media. Most of my time I search for making money methods with my phone so I can buy a laptop and learn programming.

10. Purity Mani

Purity Mani New Member

Based with hours am with it I guess am addicted to it,it is my second baby, a day without it am not complete,it is my companion it holds so much of my secrets thanks heaven it does talk otherwise there would be chaos.
    I have a great attachment to my phone whenever I replace my phone I always find myself keeping the older phone.

11. gtdoss

gtdoss New Member

I resisted getting a smartphone for a few years, using a flip phone and just keeping it in the car for emergencies only. I was afraid a smartphone would be technical and difficult for me to use with any efficiency. I finally broke down and got a smartphone when I realized that I could save money on groceries with smartphone apps.

To say the least, I've been very happy with the apps on my phone and the fact that it's easier for me to answer my phone in the car (don't have to take my eyes off the road for a second). I've also saved some money on my groceries with the apps, which is a big deal for me (rebates are the new coupons)!

I wouldn't say I'm "addicted" to my smartphone, but I definitely find myself bringing it in from the car and checking it every time it alerts me. :)

12. jkmquitasol

jkmquitasol New Member

I was addicted before when I got my first smartphone. I'm dying to buy one that time because we're poor and we can't afford to buy phones. When I bought one, everyday I wake up early just to use my phone, play video games, use applications and such. There are also times that I skip meals just because I'm using my smartphone (more like playing games).

But now I can control my usage of my phone maybe because it's old or I just got tired of it. And I'm glad that I can live a day without using it and enjoy other things.

13. huja126

huja126 New Member

Yes, I'm addicted to my smartphone. I'm not comfortable that I did not use the smartphone within a few hours. I use smartphone to online my account in facebook especially during my spare time. I also use my smartphone in playing online games so that I'm addicted with it.

14. ColdFlameChris

ColdFlameChris New Member

Yes, I am. I always bring my smartphone everywhere I go or everything I do every single day. I get a little bit paranoid whenever I left my phone or it's not with me. I even bring this whenever I go to the bathroom. I always use it as often as possible. That's where I do my everyday routine like visiting social sites, watching movies and video, streaming, doing some other online work and more. I don't think that every person, nowadays, that has a smartphone is not obsessed like me. All of my family, relatives, and friends are always checking their phones every single minute. Feels like it's already part of your body.