IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Art

Discussion in 'Art' started by Marius, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Marius

Marius New Member

Very difficult thing to explain.

yhanne likes this.
  2. jocelynatyourservice

jocelynatyourservice New Member

The arts are an essential part of public education. From dance and music to theater and the visual arts, theseprograms give children a means of expression that helps capture their passions and emotions, allowing them to explore new ideas. The arts touch every aspect of our lives.

The arts can play a crucial role inimproving students’ ability to learn because they can make use of a range of intelligence and learning styles. Schools that incorporate music, art, drama, dance and creative writing into their curricula have found that teaching the arts has significantly affected a student’s overall success in school. I believe the success is based on the fact that the arts are closely associated with important ideas and events in history. Studentswho have a good background in the arts are likely to have more information and insight.

Education of the arts not only enhances students’ understanding of the world, it also broadens their perspective on academics. The arts allow us the creativity to express ourselves while challenging our intellect. Art and musical expression exercises the right side of the brain - the intuitive portion - unlike most academic classes, which focus on the left side.

According to experts, it is necessary to exercise or use both sides of the brain to maintain balanced emotions. The arts unite life and learning and are essential in the development of the whole person.

The arts can change the classroom environment, making learning a lively and rewarding experience. With their emphasis on creative discovery and their ability to stimulate a variety of learning styles, the arts create enthusiasm and motivation for learning. The arts also teach discipline, the value of determination to achieve excellence and the rewards of hard work.

Creativity is crucial to the learning process and useful in many fields including architecture, engineering, physics, chemistry and mathematics. Overall it helps to incorporate the creative expression of thought.

From my point of view, the arts are just as important as any other subject. In many high schools, though, science and math are priorities and the arts are considered less important. In recent years, there has been discussion about continuing these programs. Some feel that, because of budget problems, schools should cut music and theater programs to save money. I strongly disagree. What we learn in these classes is priceless. The arts challenge us to work hard, handle disappointment and encourage us to strive for perfection.

My school definitely has a budget problem. They have already made many cuts in staff to help ease the deficit. It makes me wonder how far they will go. I hope my school will overcome its budget problems without discontinuingthe arts.

The arts are my life, and through them, I have received many honors. I hope myschool and others realize their importance and how beneficial they are to students, not only for what it teachesus in these fields, but also what it teaches us about the world and life.

3. yhanne

yhanne New Member

Very Difficult to explain....in my opinion...its also one of many way to express yourself or emotion...but of course it is gift or a talent...