IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Bad Breath

Discussion in 'Medical' started by chekdn, Aug 18, 2017.

1. chekdn

chekdn New Member

Bad Breath

I don't know if this topic has been created on this forum before. Bad breath is very bad and it can make one to lose their self confidence. Anyway, how do you tell someone who is very close to you that they have bad breath without hurting their feelings? If you hurt their feelings ignorantly, how do you make them understand? I know, these questions are easy but I want to know your opinions too.

Honestly, even though it feels easy to let them know, for me, it would be so difficult to tell them. This is because they would feel embarrassed and I wouldn't want that, and hence my questions above.

Thanks

Sanna likes this.
  2. jprgbiz

jprgbiz New Member

This is a question that a lot of people were to ashamed to ask. If this someone you are referring to is really close to you then I guess there will be no harm on telling him/her directly that he/she has a bad breath. I don't think it will hurt their feelings. Another option is to tell them to brush their teeth right after eating so it won't be obvious.

3. rosey143

rosey143 New Member

This is a hard question I agree. If it's someone very dear to me, I could say probably asked him/her when was the last time he/she visited the dentist? And then we can maybe talk further about it. (I said this because last month, I noticed I had bad breath. And found out that it's due to a bad tooth that got extracted a few weeks ago.) Or maybe I can share an article about the causes of bad breath and show it to that person to start a discussion about it. I will definitely take it slow and not give it to them in one blow. This is more of my personal preference too.

4. Janis McCoy

Janis McCoy New Member

If I were the friend with bad breath, I'd prefer you tell me privately and be straight forward about it. Halitosis is embarrassing, and I'd prefer to know right away so I can correct it and not continue walking around with it. If you don't feel comfortable telling me outright I have bad breath, you can simply offer me a mint. If they seem to almost always have bad breath, they might need to see a doctor or dentist to correct it.

5. Sanna

Sanna New Member

Bad breath happen because of many reasons. Therefore, he should be directly told. I know this is embarrassing but being told is better than avoiding a person so that he can chew something like mint or apply mouth freshener etc

6. Ekundayo Abdul

Ekundayo Abdul New Member

Bad breath is usually due to bacteria action. When you notice a bad breath even after brushing thoroughly with toothpaste, then you need to detoxify your system.

You can just take something as simple as Castor oil to cleanse the digestive tract. You will notice a difference after that.

Venatus likes this.
  7. Venatus

Venatus New Member

As a caring friend I suggest you start researching for the solution for bad breath before approaching him. To let him know about this should be done by instructing and guiding him in undergoing certain practises that help in curbing bad breath. By doing so, he will understand the problem and follow your advice to get rid of it. In such case even if he is embarrassed he will still see you as a caring friend.

8. Venatus

Venatus New Member

Thanks for your amazing reply. I will introduce the method to my friend.