IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Boxing or Mixed Martial Arts?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by princeraniell, Apr 9, 2018.

1. princeraniell

princeraniell New Member

MMA is really fun to practice but I can't watch it. It's way too messy, it feels like watching jacks of all trades, masters of none fighting. The sport is complex to the point where the complexity does it a disservice.

2. Jetselle Santos

Jetselle Santos New Member

Both of these sports are good to watch but I prepare MMA over boxing. For me, there is more action going on in MMA rather boxing. I like the combo of the fighter and the takedowns. There's a lot of meat grinding, blood dropping and bone breaking in MMA which most of the viewer are waiting to see.

Although boxing is fun to watch but I still will give my 5-star to MMA. Both are contact sports but I guess in real life it's hard to fight a versatile MMA fighter rather than a boxer. MMA does a lot of hardcore training unlike boxers and they practice a lot of fighting techniques.

I think MMA fighters are trained for anything when it comes t close combat but don't underestimate the boxers they have one kill punch at the end of the day. I'm not against on one end and I'm watching both of these sports.

3. Julian8207

Julian8207 New Member

Personally, I think MMA is more enjoyable to watch . It covers a lot, from stand-up combat, grappling, wrestling etc., which I think appeal more to fans. Boxing isn't that entertaining unless both fighters are bullies. For me, boxing is boring and MMA fighters should get more media attention and higher paychecks.

4. Muhammad Zaid Khan

Muhammad Zaid Khan New Member

I prefer to watch boxing. MMS is all about wrestling nowadays. The quality is gone. Boxers still have some decency and class.

5. angeloflight

angeloflight New Member

I am not really a fan of boxing and would prefer to practice or watch Mixed Martial Arts. Boxing has become very commercialized and political. I am not in favor of betting on people hitting each other. MMA is also about hitting each other but compare to boxing people are watching MMA because its real talent and not because they bet millions on the player.

6. Enzieeee

Enzieeee New Member

Both these sports are splendidly entertaining to watch, as I am a fan of both of these practices. MMA really does a good thing to destroy, grapples, critical submissions, and sharp elbows that cuts flesh. MMA world is very different than boxing alone, You have to find that specific moment before striking or setting up something to make submissions. Not to mention that these guys don't have boxing gloves that's why one punch can make you go to wonderland and even slice your skin.

Boxing, this sport i can say is more safer than mma, although both these sports are already deadly. Well i must say, boxing is an art too, from body movement, head movement, critical footworks to get or set some specific scenarios when You can throw solid punches or even set up a knockout. These sports are a finest ones to learn, it'll help you learn discipline, commitment, and of course in general, how to protect yourself.

7. zezo

zezo New Member

It's a very good question @princeraniell If you talk about the practice of the game I think it is about masturbation any game you master, will be the best. and if you take abut washing, it's boxing for me.

8. Emilio

Emilio New Member

In my opinion, mixed martial arts is the better option. Martial arts is more interesting, it tends to require more skill, it has a deeper meaning and it looks more appealing to watch. Martial arts is more relevant to me and it can be a better form of self defence. The actor called Jackie Chan has great movies regarding martial arts. Boxing has the potential to cause bigger injury, which as a result can cause boxers to quit earlier in their career.
    I believe that boxing requires more body strength than strategy.