IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Can a laptop be a PC?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Davies, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Davies

Davies New Member

Yes! A laptop is a PC.
    Personal Computer (PC) simply refers to any personal computing device, so your phone, desktop, laptop and even smart watch are pc's technically.

2. michel

michel New Member

You are right Davies. PC stand for " Personal Computer " and as you people know that Computer mean to compute any given data. So, We can say every device which can compute data will be called " The PC ".

Davies likes this.
  3. WickedCry

WickedCry New Member

Yes a laptop is a PC, ever heard of the company "PC Laptops" ?

Although most wouldn't consider people referring to a "PC" as a laptop. For example:

"I have to run home and grab my laptop."

Versus

"I'm going to switch from my Xbox to my PC."

PC usually implies the computer is a tower and is capable of much more than a typical laptop. But by definition, theres really no defining boundaries on which is which. I have a super laptop that can run AAA games but I also have a tower that is just as good. I call my tower my PC and my Laptop my Laptop, it helps people know which I'm using.

Davies likes this.
  4. Kallol Sengupta

Kallol Sengupta New Member

Yes Laptop is a "PC ", you can give it a term "PPC" (Portable Personal Computer).

Laptop is a computer which you can use on your lap because of its portability. In your desktop, you have a tower, a screen and power supply and if you combine those and make it portable it becomes laptop. In laptop you have screen, the tower which situated under the keyboard in compact form and battery as the power supply unit including a charger port which is used as an external power source.

The conclusion is laptop is nothing but a "PC" but a portable one.

5. chukz

chukz New Member

A laptop can definitely be a pC. PC means personal computer. Since a laptop is mostly personal and is also a computer, it can be said to be a pC.

6. selbal

selbal New Member

i dont feel any differ