IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Can Music Change Your Emotions and Feelings?

Discussion in 'Music' started by pioneerauthor2017, Jul 20, 2017.

1. pioneerauthor2017

pioneerauthor2017 New Member

Wherever music was being rendered, I noticed there used to be some sort of positive change in the way I feel at the moment. I've then begun to realize that I have to listen to music always. Music has a lot of inspirations to give to whoever loves listening to it. When music is presented and accompanied with musical instruments, it produces some ornaments which are pleasant and sweet to the ears.

Music whispers to you when your mind goes along with it. It works straight with the mind and can change the way you feel in any circumstance. Do you believe music changes emotions and feelings?

Youngfifty67 and Johnwaweru like this.
  2. Johnwaweru

Johnwaweru New Member

Consider John, a pleasant man in his mid-40s who describes his mid-20s as a time where he was figuring out his place in life. At the time, he considered himself to be standoffish, internally anxious and shy, well-mannered, and sensitive. But the music he preferred to listen to was dark, heavy, rough, and aggressive.
    After some time in therapy , John realized he’d been repressing significant anger and aggression due to years of childhood emotional and physical abuse. Music had become his voice and his outlet. In a sense, music could touch the deep emotions that John dared not experience on his own. Now, equipped with an awareness of his previously-suppressed emotions, John has been able to unlock them and begin to work through the issues that have existed since childhood.

3. JonathanS

JonathanS New Member

I actually started this conversion on another forum. Personally, I'm a firm believer that music can change and depict your mood, emotions, and feelings for that given moment. That's why I always say be careful what you listen to. As a general rule, I try to match my mood by putting on a genre relevant to how I feel. For example, I'm not going to play rhythm & blues if I feel upbeat and energetic. I feel certain music can pull you into a zone depending on what you are currently feeling versus the music you're playing. I also recognize the music my friends put on as it can positively or ill-effect my own mood knowingly or unknowingly.

4. Rossy

Rossy New Member

Music can actually change our mood within minutes. It Improves our moods and boost our self confidence. Research has proved that music therapy programs can be designed to achieve goals such as managing stress, enhancing memory and relieving pain.

However, there is need to listen to music that reflects our mood. When in a happy mood, we tend to prefer listening to upbeat music. When sad most people would go for slower moving songs and when angry darker music with heavy instrumentals tend to rhyme with the angry feeling. Either way music will always create an emotion in us. It could make us thoughtful, happier or even sad.

5. temmy007

temmy007 New Member

For me music helps alot when it comes to my emotions, when i need to read and i am not in the mood, i just put on inspirational music to calm myself. It works like magic for me. i mostly listen to "Your grace by Micheal w. Smith".

The song have a unique melody that keeps me focus when i need to.

6. annamaesan25

annamaesan25 New Member

We all like different genres of music and put on our favorite songs when we want to relax. You don’t always like to listen to the same style of music all the time—if you are doing homework you will probably play something relaxing, if you are at the gym you play something upbeat and fast paced, and at a party you probably listen to rap or electronic music. Music can be considered a natural antidepressant. Certain tunes cause the release of serotonin (a hormone) and dopamine (a neurotransmitter) in the brain that makes you feel good and happy. It also releases norepinephrine, which is a hormone that invokes feelings of euphoria

7. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSide New Member

I do believe, music really alter a persons feelings and emotion. Music affects the mind and the emotional state of a person in ways which are really hard to comprehend. By just listening to music, we can feel energetic and full of enthusiasm. Sometimes we feel like wanting to cry and burst in tears, even without any reasons whatsoever. It just happen, when we're exposed to sad lines in a song or when we remember some past things upon hearing the song.

It's magical really, how music or songs affects us and how it changes our moods and our overall state of consciousness. Whether we like to relax, or just dance to the beat and rock and roll or simply just to reminisce about the past. It all depends to us, and the type of songs we choose to play.

8. Youngfifty67

Youngfifty67 New Member

Music does affect the way people think or feel. Although, it depends on the type of music a person may be listening to.

Some songs may make people violent. (e.g., Hard Rock Metal, Trap Music e.t.c) Some other songs may make people feel happy, miss someone they were in love with or just feel free.

Music plays a very big role in our society and the shaping of our children. Music is the biggest influence in this world and depending on what you are listening to, will determine a persons mood or reaction.

9. jonathscliq

jonathscliq New Member

Music? Have you ever listened to good music when you were feeling really sad? Thats one experience I'm yet to understand. That tells us how powerful music can really be. The fact that music has always, and will never go out of fashion is yet another awesome thing about music.

Music does actually lift spirits, just as it can sadden it at times depending on the existing mood of the listener. On a side note, listening to music while sleeping is a habit I had to drag myself out of. However I'm yet to drag myself out of listening exclusively with headphones.

Youngfifty67 likes this.
  10. Sevgi

Sevgi New Member

Music can definitely influence our mood, attitude or even our perspective of life. As the others have stated the type of music you listen to has a huge impact in regards to which emotion it stirs, as for me i tend to kind of feel happy when listening to calm and cheerful music, such songs bring joy to my life.

Youngfifty67 likes this.
  11. tata143

tata143 New Member

Yes, music can change people`s emotions and feelings. Music can even take away bad emotions and negative feelings. Most people tend to listen to music has different reasons, but mostly they listen to music when they are lonely or alone. Because based on our experience music can lift up our souls and make us inspired depending on what kind of music we are listening.

Whenever I listen to music when I am alone mostly in the evening, lying on my bed, I always love the feeling of when minds taking me back to my old good memories. I could then forget my problems and relieved from the stressful world. That is why I can not imagine my life without music.

12. chukz

chukz New Member

Music, they say, is food for the soul. The soul will barely survive without music. There are times when you feel so down, and then that soul lifting music just comes through the stereo. You begin to smile involuntarily. You com alive once again.

The importance of music to man's life cannot be over emphasized. Little wonder it is regarded as 'food for the soul'.