IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Can music relieve stress?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Rozlyn Waganda, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Nino

Nino New Member

Relationship stress is common to most of the young people in this age. Music can help you feel calm and stress free I agree with you. It has helped me when I was under stress in my relationship and helps me get that good energy.

2. Nino

Nino New Member

Music has helped me emotionally when I lost my grand mother, it was a hard time for me accepting that she is not with me any longer in life but I listened to a soothing song that made me feel she is still in my heart and is watching over me. That made me feel calm and better in a really hard time I agree to music as good therapy to stress.

3. biz

biz New Member

The soothing power of music is well-established. It has a unique link to our emotions, so can be an extremely effective stress management tool. Listening to music can have a tremendously relaxing effect on our minds and bodies, especially slow, quiet classical music. This type of music can have a beneficial effect on our physiological functions, slowing the pulse and heart rate, lowering blood pressure, and decreasing the levels of stress hormones. Music, in short, can act as a powerful stress management tool in our lives.

As music can absorb our attention, it acts as a distraction at the same time it helps to explore emotions. This means it can be a great aid to meditation, helping to prevent the wandering.

Musical preference varies widely between individuals, so only you can decide what you like and what is suitable for each mood. But even if you don't usually listen to classical music it may be worth giving it a try when selecting the most calming music.

When people are very stressed, there is a tendency to avoid actively listening to music. Perhaps it feels like a waste of time, not helping to achieve anything. But as we know, productivity increases when stressed is reduced, so this is another area where you can gain vast rewards. It just takes a small effort to begin with.

To incorporate music into a busy life, try playing CDs in the car, or put the radio on when in the bath or shower. Take portable music with you when walking the dog, or put the stereo on instead of the TV. A person with clinical depression or bipolar disorder might listen to music to help with their worst, lowest moods.

4. Ayoma

Ayoma New Member

Music is the food to the soul and gives hope to the hopeless. It sooth a crying baby and relaxes a disturbed mind. Whoever invented music is a genius and i can't imagine life without music.

5. Rozlyn Waganda

Rozlyn Waganda New Member

I concur with you all. Music is the best food for the soul. In fact it is the most affordable medicine to our reach with no side effects when compared to other stress relievers.

Music rejuvenates the inner peace that one once had. It helps both physically and emotionally and that is why I will always recommend it to anyone who is going through a stressful situation in his or her life.

6. sb-order-g

sb-order-g New Member

Well Said. Indeed music has the ability to change our mood and uplift stress. As you said it all depends on the type of music and our preference. Everyone has what he/she is used to. In my spare time when I'm bored, I will listen to country music or soft rock, sometimes I will fall asleep listening to it. It gentles my soul and releases me of the day's burden. At that time I would feel like a newly born baby like I've no problem in life. Such is the effect music imposes on some of us for a time. But like a breeze, its effect is only there for a moment. It will surely disappear after some time. But who cares, let's just enjoy the music and what it brings along.

7. mdayrit

mdayrit New Member

Music can definitely relieve stress and helps a person to calm down. This I think is the reason why most relaxation exercises such as Yoga, uses music during sessions. Music doesn't just calm down adults but babies as well. You can play it to babies for them to have a longer quality sleep.

In addition, music affects a person's mood depending on the genre of music you listen to. If you are sleepy and want to have more energy to keep your eyes open, you can probably listen to upbeat songs such as Rock, Hip Hop, Pop and RNB. If you want a more laid back and relaxing music, you can go for blues, love songs and jazz.

8. Almasa

Almasa New Member

Of cause yes music is the best remedy for stress that I'll recommend. It has worked out for me and many others. Instead of taking alcohol in the name of relieving stress just listen to music. Alcohol will just compound problems rather than solving them.

9. yhanne

yhanne New Member

yes! music can relieve stress...it helps you to change your mood...because music is also one way of expressing emotion...you can get comfort from music...

10. ajahcuizon

ajahcuizon New Member

Definitely yes, music can relieve stress or even anxiety. For me, it is my way of expressing my feelings especially when I am sad. They say it is ironic to play a sad music when sad because it'll just worsen your feelings but sad music especially those I can relate to, could give me space to think through about the things that were bothering me. With the help of music, it could lift up one's mood and make it a brighter one. I usually play some music whenever I needed some stress reliever and sing with it out loud to burst out my stress, that is my way to let go of any negativities in my body.

Rozlyn Waganda likes this.
  11. Arian

Arian New Member

Music to some people can relieve stress..whether you are the one playing it or listener...for me yes it relieves my stress and can lift up my mood...Im a kind of listner...because I dont have any talent to play it but I really apprciate music....maybe beacause its magical...

12. Bebak12

Bebak12 New Member

Music is a most likely basic requirement for the human. As this modern life full of stress and with cause various psychology and mentality disturbance in a daily life. Music is one of the best solutions for this problem as stress management tool. Even the doctors recommended music as for the meditation to stress-free life. As most of the people said that they relax when listening to the peaceful sound.

But even I doctor to recommend or even s/he knows that music help for a good health. As music is a natural healing potion not only for human but also for other beings.

13. Julian8207

Julian8207 New Member

Music has a healing power, whatever feelings I have music is my refuge. It cures a broken heart, its makes you smile, it makes you rock and sway, it even makes you dance. Listening to music also improve memory functioning. Music reminds us a happy and sad memories, music rocks our world.

14. mark

mark New Member

Music is like a food for the soul. I was born in a family who really loves music. During off days we gathered all together and spending the whole day with them. We have a karaoke machine which everyone needed to sing. We cooked different special foods and we eat together. That was a nice bonding after the entire week of full of work and stress,we find time to release that stress during weekends.
    I believe that listening to music will relieve the stress. It happened to me,whenever I feel alone and lots of work to finish I listen to my favorite music. I like a music of ballad and jazz. This kind of musics are very soothing in my ears.

15. Natalie Deaton

Natalie Deaton New Member

In my opinion music is one of the best stress relievers on the planet. I suffer from anxiety and use music along with mediation to calm my frayed nerves. If I need to relax I will turn on the classical station and hop in a hot bubble bath. If I need to dance and thrash around to release some tension, the metal station is always an option. There is even a YouTube station that specializes in calming music for mediation. Never underestimate the power that music can have on the human mind.

16. Vheeno

Vheeno New Member

Absolutely yes! Music has link to our emotions. It relaxes our mind and body. A very good example is a mom singing a cradle song to her kid to sleep.

When you listen to a non-disturbing music, for example instrumental music, it helps you perform better at work. I usually listen to music when I don't feel okay. I relieves my stress.

17. ghaith

ghaith New Member

Is this for real. I mean for me, it's my only way out of this world other than reading books. So it's a definte yes, especially acoustic ones, it is as if they are pain killers to stress.