IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Can Religion go hand in hand with Science?

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by Angelah, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Angelah

Angelah New Member

Most people would not agree that Religion and Science can go hand in hand.They say you either believe in Science or Religion.They can go hand in hand because Science helps understand how things work and Religion helps us understand where we came from.

2. Janee Mitchell

Janee Mitchell New Member

Hi Angelah.

While I do see your point, I respectfully disagree. You see, there may have been instances where science has inadvertently proven some aspects of Religion, but it is largely cynical of and contradictory to Religion. There are many religions of this world, but I will focus on Christianity.

Christianity teaches that we were all created by one God, our father. It also teaches that the universe was created by this same God. Science teaches that the earth results from a big bang, or some other excuse to not accept the divine creation fact. Next, science teaches that we are descendants of monkeys and not created by God. Finally, science consistently seeks to do things that very un-Christian/anti-God. While science has been responsible for some cures or other useful things, I see it as largely anti-God. It is exploratory, contradictory, and digs deeper, in some instances, than I believe God wanted us to. Instead of seeking God for the answers, science teaches a lot of anti-God theories.

How can two walk together except they agree? Science and Religion are to different to go hand and hand. Although, they may be able to attend certain parties together depending on the crowd.

3. Eliot

Eliot New Member

Yes I believe that Science can go hand in hand, but we alter science a lot. Charles Darwin when he was about to die said that evolution is a myth, and all my research has shown to be false. His coworkers said it was true to gain more money for the research. However, science is really arrogant because we live in a Satan-controlled earth and so tries to hide evidence that God is real and the Bible is true.

4. Robert Turner

Robert Turner New Member

I would like to respectively suggest that the greatest enemy of religion is science. Everyone is familiar with the quote 'magic is simply science we do not yet understand'. I am not suggesting that religion is magic but the same principal applies.

With every advance of science, religion is placed firmly on the back foot. Dinosaurs could not have co-existed with man, evolution is now widely accepted and understood. It is no longer seen to be an arcane art practised by men of science in a darkened laboratory.

As our species and technologies evolve we may yet find that elusive spark of life we call the soul. That day will herald the end of religion and the birth of a new age of enlightent.

5. RenoGerman

RenoGerman New Member

The funny thing is today's "science" has pretty much become a religion. With so-called "scientists" acting as priests. This is because people nowadays have become lazy and will just accept everything they were told as if it were facts. On paper, the theory of evolution seems to make sense but with closer inspection, one will realize how bogus it is.

6. Janeenp272

Janeenp272 New Member

As coming from a Christian, I believe that in some instances science can go hand in hand with religion. In school, I learn that the universe is created by something scientists call the big bang. This is a scientific answer. The religious answer (the right answer in my opinion) is that we were created by God. Science and Religion don't always have to bump heads but it just depends on the situation and the people discussing it.