IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Can science be a reason not to believe in the existence of God?

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by Riyandi, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Riyandi

Riyandi New Member

I am one who believes in the existence of God. This can be seen in the creation of God that is all around us. The whole creation will make us believe in the existence of God. And it makes us stronger in the face of all the problems and difficulties in life.

But until now, I still do not understand will most of my brothers and sisters who deny the existence of God. Of course by making science as his main reason. All things can be explained with science without the need for God to serve as reasons. Well, maybe it sounds too naive, or not? How do you think, my friends..

2. lc87

lc87 New Member

While it makes sense to me how other people don't believe in God or a higher power due to the evidence presented to us by sciencd, I still firmly believe we may be conflating two vastly different topics which should not be confused. God, however you define them, is a spirit, a noncorporial entity who is not subject to the laws of physics and thermodynamics. God transcends time and space, and according to many sacred texts, possesses omniscience. Science, however, strives to observe and explain physical phenomena by way of natural processes. Therefore, how can one hope to prove or disprove the existence of supernatural phenomena by means of natural ones?

3. JerrodS

JerrodS New Member

Oh, but many great scientists were deeply religious, and this remains true to this day as well. There isn't any direct opposition between the concept of believing in God and recognizing science as relevant and important. What the "I love science" atheist crowd tends to overlook is that all human knowledge is based on that which we cannot prove. For example, mathematics itself is based on a number of abstract concepts that don't actually exist in reality, and yet all of the very functional and beneficial knowledge that we have nowadays is derived from them.