IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Can We Learn From Books?

Discussion in 'Education' started by braveyard, Aug 13, 2017.

1. braveyard

braveyard New Member

YES. We all can learn from books. We do it, from when we're young up to where we are now.

We still use it. Sure there is internet, but nothing can replace the knowledge you can get from the book. We use it for research papers, the theoretical sides of everything, we definitely depend on it. It is more accurate than the internet.

Even I, as a student I do rely on books. I use it for a more accurate and precise papers I do. From history until present, we can learn from people who have lived before us. It is very useful to use books

Your opinion......

2. Deedan19

Deedan19 New Member

We can learn in many ways and book is part of it. We can learn a lot from books and leverage the power of our knowledge for good.

Books are key success to learning because they help us to have a good handwritings.

3. Mathan41

Mathan41 New Member

We can learn more from books. Now we use Internet as a way of learning. But Internet also has ebooks ;). Hence whatever you learn from books or Internet or ebooks, The practical knowledge and experience gives you more wisdom.

4. Ronah7385

Ronah7385 New Member

Definitely! We can learn a lot from books. We can gather ideas, information, facts and also we can travel through reading books. It can widen our imagination.

From Kinder til' in my age now, I am still learning from books. Through reading I am what I am now. It molds me to become a productive, better individual. Not just with myself but in the whole society.

5. Meli

Meli New Member

The more you read, the more knowledge you'll gain. Reading books help to improve your English and language skills. It helps to build your creativity and become top-notch writers.

I love reading books and that's one of my favorite hobby.

6. Gloria Aude

Gloria Aude New Member

Yes of course we can learn from books. Reading is one of the best way to acquire knowledge. If you take it seriously, you will easily be able to learn and get new acquisitions throughout books.

7. BMT1014

BMT1014 New Member

If you are a wide reader, definitely you can learn a lot from books. I don't think that the schools will use books as learning method if they knew that it's useless and if you reading books without understanding the content then it is also useless. I better rely on books that I bought in National Bookstore when I want to learn something than reading ebooks or do a research on the internet. Sometimes information from the internet is misleading.

8. resh_christy

resh_christy New Member

Books are the best companions.There can be no better alternative to the amount and accuracy of knowkedge that we derive from a book.

We are living in a technologically advanced world where technology is overpowering humanity.We have forgotten what it is to visit a library/refer to books.But instead we prefer to derive the required knowledge from Google and Wikipedia and e-books.

Technology is good.It is because of social media that we are kept posted about the happenings around us.But reading from our phones/tablets leisurely is fine.This is because,
    1)It is not good for the vision
    2)It will lead to distractions.Like the buzzing of the phone,whatsapp notification,facebook etc

When it comes to serious reading I would always reccomend reading from a book as we can concentrate better.

9. butterflow

butterflow New Member

Yes, of course we can. I went to school many years ago, but I presume that books are still being used to teach pupils various subjects.
    Reading allows time for the knowledge to sink in aiding with a better understanding of things. Apart from just gaining knowledge, reading also helps to build up a vast vocabulary of words and helps with being able to express oneself more articulately. This is true also for anyone wanting to learn another language.

10. gtdoss

gtdoss New Member

I graduated from high school and went to college many years ago. I got a pretty good "education," but I think I've learned way more from books than I ever learned from a teacher. I'm a voracious reader. I've probably read thousands of books in my lifetime, everything from modern horror novels to the classics and everything in between.

I think reading books has stimulated my mind and made me think outside of my little life box. Also, my vocabulary is rooted firmly in the books that I've read over the years.

11. huja126

huja126 New Member

Yes, better to study using the book because it is more comfortable to our eyes. I use the internet only if necessary especially if the topics are not found in the book. Reading the book is a better way of learning due to the content of the book was made by a skilled person. We're not pretty sure that all things in the internet is correct.

12. Mabelle Tarrayo

Mabelle Tarrayo New Member

Others would say that reading books are boring. But for me it is the opposite, because you can learn so many things, ideas, knowledge and wisdom from a book. It can give you new principles and beliefs in life through the wordings from an author. And books are the time machine that peoples are looking for, because when you read a book, it can bring you in different places, dimensions, environment and locations. Books can bring out of you different emotions from the perspective of the authors. So there is always learning that happens every time you read a book. And reading a book is one way to educate your self. Don't stop learning, it's not actually boring but instead it's riveting. So grab a book now and start reading.