IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Can we prove the existence of destiny through science?

Discussion in 'Science' started by Ariana Maissi, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Ariana Maissi

Ariana Maissi New Member

A few months ago, I found a Spanish YouTuber who's a scientific communicator called QuantumFracture. He's incredible, I highly advise you to check it out if you can understand Spanish and are into physics. In one of his videos, titled Does destiny exist?, he talks about how classical mechanics can predict the movement of an atom knowing its current state. If the position of any atom can be predicted at any given time, then the position of every thing, every atom, every molecule, every cell, every brainwave (that means us!) is perfectly orchestrated and can be known through (not so) simple math. Therefore, everything is set and destiny exists.

Nonetheless, quantum mechanics comes in and tells us the uncertainty of the movement of an atom, more specifically, how an atom can have infinite trajectories. However, even though this tells us that is "impossible" for us to calculate how the atom will truly behave, it doesn't mean that the laws of physics aren't set and direct precisely how a system will behave.

I was hoping to read the input of some science connoisseurs (since this isn't my field whatsoever, I'm a Humanities person, but I'd love to learn more) and see whether or not this makes sense to you all!