IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Can you consider being a vegetarian?

Discussion in 'Health' started by camilleraon, May 24, 2015.

1. Lisa

Lisa New Member

I have heard that reply from people before. Some people have really dived into it and some dabbled.

My experience, I have found that it is very flavorful, depending on learning how to cook as such. From potlucks and people sharing their recipes, I have found it to be a very healthy, joyful experience, that my tastebuds and body loves!

I enjoy making new dishes all the time and sometimes I even change it up a bit. Dishes don't have to lose their flavor or their color. They can be rich in both.

Just thought I would share with you. :)

2. sherlylunardi

sherlylunardi New Member

Absolutely yes ! I am consider to be vegetarian because it should be good for my health. As we known, become vegetarian could boost our immune system because a lot of antioxidant inside vegetables and also fruits.

3. MamoniMaity

MamoniMaity New Member

I don't think so! In fact, for me, it is completely impossible. I cannot think of living without non-vegetarian food. I am a hardcore non-vegetarian. I can have chicken right from breakfast till dinner. I also love eating sweets. I need to have something sweet right after lunch. I even take extra sugar in mt teas and coffees. I can't imagine life without these! I doubt how people live without non veg food!

4. ibukunteje

ibukunteje New Member

no no no, i cant even consider been one, i cant lie with the idea of eating leaves. eehw

5. Fruit is Beaut

Fruit is Beaut New Member

I could never go back to being vegetarian! That's just too long ago for me and would be too much of a compromise to my already fruitarian diet!

I'm not so sure vegetarians cannot have sweets or junk food. There are literally tons of certified organic raw vegan desserts, sweets and junk foods that these people eat on a daily basis. Perhaps these junk foods are healthier, perhaps they are not, but one thing I can say from my own experience is that I am much better off without such things!

The financial aspect will need to be taken into account for any diet higher than vegan. A vegan or vegetarian diet can actually be a significant cost saving over one's current diet, in my experience.

6. Ankisha

Ankisha New Member

I may not be the right person to answer this question, as I am already a vegetarian. I don't even eat eggs, let alone the meat.

But, I am, certainly a big fan of brownies, and no, I cannot survive without having brownies, at least twice a week. I know, it does contain eggs, but I can't help it:D. It's just irresistibly yummm!

7. Jacob Monkhouse

Jacob Monkhouse New Member

Many people misinterpret what a vegetarian diet actually is. Vegetarianism is the act of taking in less unusable products and only consuming products that the body can actually use, unlike sugar and other stuff that the body immediately excretes as waste. I am a meat lover and could never become a vegetarian.

8. Damon79

Damon79 New Member

No, I have definitely considered becoming a vegetarian. After watch a few YouTube videos on how some of our meats are processed, it can quickly influence you into putting the burger down, putting the bacon down and even giving the steak up. Now I know a lot of us grew up eating all types of meats but considering a healthier change like this isn't so bad of a thought. It just might take me some time. :)

9. meenakshi

meenakshi New Member

I have been a vegetarian since my birth. I have a healthy body and an ideal weight. It is all about determination and discipline to adopt vegetarianism. If you wish you can do, not an impossible thing. :)

10. Hozyboy

Hozyboy New Member

I really love vegetarians because more meat for me. I am still young and speaking because I know myself, I cannot go a day without meat in my diet. I am practically a carnivore.

So I cannot imagine not being the berbacue man during family meetings. So No. I can not consider being a vegetarian. My life would be meaningless without meat.

11. BigDreamer

BigDreamer New Member

Being a vegetarian doesn't mean that you can not eat sweets or junk foods. It means that you do not eat meat.
    Vegetarians eat potato chips, they are made of potatoes not meat.

But to answer your question- no I would not want to give up meat.

12. Binu

Binu New Member

I was non-vegetarian, however, after I got pregnant, I developed dislike for meat. It was very surprising for me because meat was my favorite food. Many people told me that during pregnancy women can develop like or dislike for certain food and smell. Nevertheless, even after the end of my pregnancy period, I still don't like the smell of meat.

13. Anupama

Anupama New Member

Yes and no! I can try it, but I am not so sure whether I can continue it for many days. At the most I can do it for two weeks or so. After that I don't think I can continue.

I am not so partial to sweet or junk food, but I can live without meat.

14. Bruce

Bruce New Member

After the numerous meat call backs in the mid to late 1990's I gradually became a vegetarian. The process took a couple of years of eating meat twice a week until I didn't need meat anymore. As a vegetarian I feel better physically and mentally than I used to. Using veggie burger products I can eat the same things I used to. Double cheese veggie burgers etc..

Vegetarians have more bowel movements and easier bowel movements. As a carnivore I would have one bowel movement a day. As a vegetarian I have from three to five easy bowel movements per day.

15. paoliita

paoliita New Member

Yes I have seen, I think not doing it for the convenience of cooking with these foods. I was raised that way, with a menu that involves meat, so ccrear a new menu that does not have any meat, and only to myself, involves an economic cost not possess right now as well as we should mention that my cooking skills are not very good, so maybe end up eating water and nothing else hahahaha

16. getnpaid

getnpaid New Member

I have never actually considered becoming a vegetarian, but I do incorporate vegetables in my meals, I usually prepare and enjoy a mixture of all the food groups, now and then some more than the other, but to become a vegetarian has not been on my to do list.

17. Decentlady

Decentlady New Member

A vegetarian can eat sweets and junk food as long as its vegetarian. That bit of question wasn't clear.

I am a convert from non veg to vegetarian. This was my own decision at the age of 10 years. I find no compulsion to revert back to my old habits nor do I feel I am missing something. It's an awesome leap and I am proud of it.:)

18. nerdieeds

nerdieeds New Member

Yes, I can definitely to this. I grew up in the province where we can plant green leafy vegetables in the backyard. I am a vegetarian. I like green leafy vegetables. It is healthier than any other diets.

19. Cara Jane

Cara Jane New Member

This is such an interesting subject camilleraon, there are so many different angles on the topic, with many view points. I went vegetarian for roughly 9 months, it was more an ethical decision and also for my health at the time.

I still enjoyed the taste of meat, so it was hard, however I felt great, I felt more in tune with my body and lighter.

So Yes is my answer, I would definitely consider it again and recommend being vegetarian.

20. Cara Jane

Cara Jane New Member

This is such an interesting subject camilleraon , there are so many different angles on the topic, with many view points. I went vegetarian for roughly 9 months, it was more an ethical decision and also for my health at the time.

I still enjoyed the taste of meat, so it was hard, however I felt great, I felt more in tune with my body and lighter.

So Yes is my answer, I would definitely consider it again and recommend being vegetarian.