IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Cartoons vs. Anime

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Lou, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Lou

Lou New Member

Most of us grew up watching our favorite cartoons. Some of us go as far back as Tom & Jerry, Bugs Bunny and more. These days the new for of cartoon is Anime, (Definition: a style of Japanese film and television animation, typically aimed at adults as well as children) such as Dragon Ball Z or Samurai X. There's debate on whether cartoons and anime are the same thing. Are they? Why or why not?

Aggy91 likes this.
  2. bware

bware New Member

Anime for me, more realistic, the graphics is good, and almost like a real movie if you going to watch. The story also is great, It's look like real. But I think I can't recommend the anime to the younger viewers, because most of the anime has a lot of violence in their story, the blood sometimes is looks real, and sometimes the main character is actually bad influence to all the viewers for being arrogant, and the minor viewers should finish every anime they want to watch to see how the main character changes his attitude from being bad to become a good character.

Lou and Aggy91 like this.
  3. Aggy91

Aggy91 Member

I think there is some differences in visual characteristics ,facial expressions and also on the themes.Cartoons are generally intended to make people laugh and revolve around funny concepts,although there are some that are educational in nature,but still retain their amusing qualities. Anime on the other hand ,do not always follow a general concept. They concentrate mostly on life issues and have more violence and sexual themes. It seems like Anime are aimed at people with longer attention spans who like to see a plot unravel over multiple episodes.

Lou likes this.
  4. Felipe

Felipe New Member

They are the same , they only have different styles. It's the same with manga and comics , manga is just japanese comics.
    That being said they are very different in its content , you can see the diffence in culture from the works.

5. kiefferventura14

kiefferventura14 New Member

At first, cartoons and anime are the same for me. Then after I watched many anime and cartoons, I realized that anime is better since it can express either reality or fiction better. Many anime have fictional stories, but some anime also depict realistic stories. The cultural differences play a significant part in storytelling and the art style.

6. rosejun321

rosejun321 New Member

I would prefer to choose for the Anime since it has a great story concept, very realistic visual effects and fantastic characters. Sometimes I am being driven by the Anime series that I am watching for, the mixed emotions and excitement that I feel for watching this kind of genre makes my day a fabulous one. Anime provide a sense of uniqueness compare to the the cartoons that we had been patronizing during our childhood. Many viewers are being addicted and fanatic to the Anime not just the younger ones but as long as the adult one. The Anime sometimes shows real events and issues that are happening to our society. It also posses some unsolicited scenes that are not suitable for very young audiences. Watching an Anime needs a parent supervision to protect their young children for unwanted scene or violent features in the Anime that they are watching.

7. adrian3008

adrian3008 New Member

I find cartoons and anime almost the same. The only difference I tend to notice from time to time is that the characters in anime are more human than in cartoons, that is, characters in anime have body figures that are more similar to those of normal humans as compared to cartoons. Just like
    "bware" has posted, I find anime more realistic.

Overall, I enjoy watching both cartoons and anime despite the slight difference(s) I have noted and note noted.

8. Hx009

Hx009 New Member

Cartoons are cartoons, and animated movies are not less than a real movie. They win oscars, they have a huge crowd of responsible citizens in the theater campus struggling for tickets. Animated moves have a proper direction of story, a sensible comedy or joke and laslty not boring to watch.
    Cartoons are mostly a senseless joke,displayed on TV to bring a smile to a child face, that's it.

9. a1youb

a1youb New Member

What is the difference between Japanese anime and American cartoon?
    First, how to draw, for each type of style in the painting, such as large eyes in the drawings of the Japanese .. And the details so much closer to the real .. Unlike the American cartoons, which are often comic ..
    Second, the American cartoon is often for children, while the Japanese anime contains a variety of drama, some dedicated to adults and some to children and so on .. It is not limited to children only like the majority of the American cartoon ..