IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Computers and health.

Discussion in 'Computers' started by ngetich49, Feb 9, 2018.

1. ngetich49

ngetich49 New Member

Computers since their inception have had a unique effect on human life.More people are glued to the computer for their better part of the day, be it while working or just when trying to get some entertainment.This behavior of inactivity which has been brought about by computers has brought detrimental effects to our health.This lifestyle adopted due to the long-term use of computers puts us at a high risk of chronic diseases such as Diabetes and Hypertension.

What is your opinion in regards to the effects that computers have brought to our health?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  2. JackD05

JackD05 New Member

I agree with many of the points you make. I think people using computers excessively can cause many health problems. This also has resulted in more global energy usage as more people use the internet and computers, so this can cause some environmental problems eventually. I think computers are one of the most significant advances we have made as a race, but we should regulate ourselves to avoid risks like the ones you mentioned.

3. 14yumj1

14yumj1 New Member

While its true that some people overuse computers and develop health issues as a result, they've also have had an positive impact. While I'm no expert on this, computers surely have been useful in the medical field, in figuring out cures, new formulas and assisting researchers, doctors and and all other personal in the field. For me, the computer has been very useful for my health because I always use it to look up healthy diets and workout routines! In the end, it really comes down to how you put the effort and discipline in using your computer.

4. fishbate

fishbate New Member

It is a fact that too much of anything is bad, that includes usage of computers and electronic devices. Electronic devices emits electromagnetic radio wave, its actually a form of radiation. As we all know that radiation is dangerous to our health on a certain level. Although electronics devices emits a low level of radiation, we still have to be cautious about it.

Being responsible is one of the key for a more balance usage of computer and electronic devices. Allowing your self to rest for a certain period is one of the best way to avoid health issues. Scheduling and monitoring is another way to manage your computer usage.

Keeping your self aware and informed on the specifics of computer health issues will provide you a better understanding on how you can avoid it.