IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Dangers of making a phone call while charging your phone.

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by OUS, Sep 27, 2017.

?

Is there any danger associated with making and receiving phone-calls while your phone is charging?

1. No risk at all

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. There are several risks

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. No risk though not good

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. OUS

OUS New Member

I am fond of receiving and making phone calls while my phone is charging. I have been warned several times by my friends to avoid this but I can't just stop the habit. I almost got slapped by my mum one day.

Aggy91 likes this.
  2. Aggy91

Aggy91 Member

Yes it is very dangerous due to the increased radiation and potential for explosion or electrocution. I myself, i have had my friends share with me photos and stories of people who have been badly injured after the phone exploded on their face and burnt them. Some have been electrocuted and sadly enough there has been death cases. I have also heard cases of power banks exploding. Just the other day a lady was charging her phone using a power bank, and as she was texting on her bed, it suddenly exploded and she was badly burnt. I think people should try their best and avoid using the cell phone while it is charging,especially if you are on the bath tab or shower due to the wet conditions which are vulnerable to electrocution. Also ensure you have power banks charging away from you.Be safe,cheers.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  3. OUS

OUS New Member

Thanks a lot. I am now alerted.

Aggy91 likes this.