IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do you believe in Tithing?

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by Nkudensi, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Nkudensi

Nkudensi New Member

Tithing means dividing one’s income/salary every month into ten and giving one of it to the church. There are so many controversies with tithe paying. Some people tend to frown in the church whenever it is time to do tithe collection. There are some that are of the opinion that it is better to give money to the less privilege than to tithe in the church.

Malachi 3: 8 – 12 talks about tithing. Verse 8 says: “Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me. “But you ask, ‘How are we robbing you?’ “In tithes and offerings.” As for me, I believe in tithing and it works for me as God has use tithing to bless me so much, and heaven endorses it.

What about you? Do you believe in tithing?

2. Anonzere

Anonzere New Member

I would like to tithe too. I grew up in a strict christian family. My parents, uncles, aunties and older cousins were very tied up to the ways of the church. We went to church every single Sunday and never missed to give out our offerings. Church matters always came first and were to be given a priority.

Right now, with the current stories and dramas that are exposed from the church, I prefer not to tithe but rather offer help to the less fortunate in my society. Honestly speaking the church has lost the moral values it used to have.

3. Purity Mani

Purity Mani New Member

I believe in tithing since I was young I was taught how to tithe. The bible says we should give ten percent of our harvest also in Malachi 3:18 says once again my people will see the difference between what happens to the righteous and to the wicked,to the person who serves me and the one who does not.
    It is personal decision if you believe in it.

4. Elyas

Elyas New Member

until now I still give tithes and do not want to ignore it. but my motivation is different from what pastors always give to tithe because we will usually be said to test God and also claim that we are given many blessings, but that is not a form of obedience but it seems to rob God

5. Elyas

Elyas New Member

I am not from certain churches who require tithing and also not to pay tithing, because the choice remains in our hands each