IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do you believe that the 90s music is still better than today?

Discussion in 'Music' started by ion, Oct 24, 2017.

1. ion

ion New Member

Well a lot of people keep saying that, like, what happened to the music today? 90s is still great. I love the 90s also I like my 90s sounds but I think it's not necessary to compare the music before to the music now. How about your opinion?

2. bware

bware New Member

Well for me a big yes. 90s music is still better than to the music right now. It's just my opinion, but for being fair, the music today is good actually, but not the same as before, but actually it's up to the listener, I know that even the music has the right to evolve, If the new generation right now is addicted to their kind of music, so be it. We can't do anything about it, that's what they want. I also listen to the new music right now, and some of them is really good, but still, I don't like the sounds. But the real reason why we love music, is because we can relate to the lyrics and we feel how the music touch our life.

3. jefrox01

jefrox01 New Member

I loved music and in fact I was influenced by my brother listening to hard rock genre back in 90's. Lots of bands became famous during that era and most of them had meaningful lyrics. The tones and melodies are very catchy and people can easily rides their trip. I just realized today that those love songs genre are still the same with different voices rather than rock scenes. Nowadays rock music can't hardly understood and it brings more distorted noise that youth much appreciated. Back in 90's you can still max out the volume of your radio even though its hard rock or alternative because your neighbors knew that artist and song but today if you'll do that, they'll hate you. Some people says music is just like a round wheel, it will still remains just wait for the wheel to spin.

4. Erica

Erica New Member

Although I absolutely love the sound of music in the 90s, I don't necessarily believe that its better than the music that is out today. I do believe, however, that the main stream music back then was better than the mainstream music we have out now. There are few pure R&B singers that are in the mainstream right now, and R&B is my favorite genre of music so that's a bummer. :( The radio keeps playing the same 4 songs and its very tiring. But, amidst all of the bad music that is out right now there are still underground artist that are very talented and I hope one day they will get the recognition they deserve.

5. anikoonline

anikoonline New Member

Music was very variable in the 90's. It is always a nostalgic feeling to listen the good old song of 90's.

I like this period of music, but I like listening new songs, too. It is exciting for me to discover new songs and artists. I can get bored with the old songs. Music is much more than the hits of 90's. It is fun to listen these songs in a party, but I don't want to listen them at the radio everyday.

6. Stacy

Stacy New Member

In my opinion, 90s music is a great tool to bring back the memories of those of us who grew up during the 90s era. I, personally, love all music, but the 90s will always have a special place in my heart. Music, nowadays, is my #1 go-to! But, every now and then, I crave those 90s songs that bring me back to my younger days.

7. domanchus

domanchus New Member

I listen to a lot of hip hop on a daily basis. Mostly it's Tupac or old Eminem. They have the best hots to date. Nowadays everyone sounds the same so it's safe to say that rap has downgraded in the longrun. Although rappers like Joyner Lucas, Kendrick Lamar and some others are dofferent. They have their own style. Rap then was better because there was less competition and more originality. Now there's thousands of rappers and only a minority of them actually bring something new to the table

8. AngieW

AngieW New Member

I do tend to like 90s music better then what is produced today. Most of the music that is out there today just does not speak to me. While I do like 90s music, what I really love is 80s hair bands. To me, you just can not get any better then KISS, Def Leppard, Kix, Motley Crue, and the other hair bands that were so popular. In fact, lately I have been going to a lot of 80s hair band concerts. Just last year I saw Def Leppard and Poison. And the year before that I went to see KISS twice!

To me, the hair bands are really saying something. The songs speak to me a lot and they have meaning. Unlike most of the junk that is out there today.

9. Kitcat

Kitcat New Member

Music as they say is subjective. But personally yes 90s music was better. This to me is because music back then had variety whereas nowadays songs of the same genre tend to almost sound the same. You hear the beginning of a song on the radio you're like oh that's so and so only for the song to continue and you realise it's not the one you expected.

If artists could find a way to stop producing similar beats to like 50 different songs then we'll get somewhere.
    Except for mumble rap. I don't think that genre can be helped in any way. No offense.

10. dayunior27

dayunior27 New Member

It's yes! STILL, 90s music is better than today's music. Music of the 90s is more nostalgic than today, 90s music's theme have a different themes and genres than today which is focusing on 'love song' theme and same genres -- which is so annoying sometimes.

Because of technology, today's music is so different than before. Even electronic sounds had used on the past, comparing from then to now, it is so different. Today, most of the songs are can be used in the club or used for dancing, rather than before.

For me, it is not applicable to compare 90s songs and today's songs or even other past songs, it's all because of evolution. Again, because of technology, many things will be invented, but when it comes to melody, the lyrics, the composition, the song of the 90s is the best.

11. DenisMNE

DenisMNE New Member

This is one of the questions people used to ask me a lot.
    I will always believe that 80s and 90s music is way better than music today.
    Today, a lot of songs are based on appearance and seeking for sex.
    Singers, especially female ones, are trying to get as naked as possible and perform which, utterly, kills the mood and makes music more of an instinct than real enjoyment.
    In today's music, nobody really pays attention to the lyrics anymore but to almost naked singers who are ruining the art of music.

12. Uyj

Uyj New Member

In my opinion, 90s and latest music now have similarities and I don't like to compared the old and the latest because we have different genres. For me I prefer both it depends on my mode I'm still listening the old 90s and sometimes 60s but there are times I want to be like a Ed Sheeran.

That's why I prefer both old 90s or 60s and the latest. :)

13. Emma White

Emma White New Member

90's music is some of the worst music in my opinion. I can tolerate the alternative rock from the time, but the R&B hurts my ears. Something about the sound of 90's R&B puts me off, and I'm not entirely sure what it is.

14. amethyst

amethyst New Member

Not necessarily as it would be unfair to say that when there also a lot of beautiful music after that period. Probably better is not the correct term but instead I would say that the 90's is the golden era of music. It is a generation of great music that would never be forgotten.