IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do you binge watch shows?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Mama2boys, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Mama2boys

Mama2boys New Member

I know I binge watch shows constantly. I'll record like 5 weeks worth of a new show then watch all 5 in one day. Or I'll log on to Netflix pick a series and binge watch every episode!
    I've actually come across some shows that only had one season or two, and they were awesome. Got me disappointed when I found out that was it there was no more when they clearly left them open to make more seasons or episodes.
    In about one week, I've binged watched Hercules, Xena, Bones and the 7 Star Wars movies.
    What are some that that you binge watch? Have you repeated any?

2. AimlessDreamre

AimlessDreamre Member

I hate when shows only have one season and nothing after that - especially if they left on a cliffhanger - those are the worst! Lol. For me, I binge in periods instead of constantly. Some of the shows I've been binge watching currently are Girl Meets World, Friends, Criminal Minds, and Supernatural.
    I will admittedly occasionally repeat shows and movies too....

3. DesA4

DesA4 New Member

I love binge watching Netflix tv shows. I can watch all the episodes without commercials. Netflix original tv shows are the best shows to grab your attention. Binge watching is more enjoyable if you have at least 2 or more seasons to watch. I don't know anybody that don't enjoy doing this. Now after discussing this topic I'm about to go find a good show to watch.

4. Gktime

Gktime New Member

I used to binge watch shows, but now i don't really enjoy it so much. I feel like i'm wasting time. Cause i spent like a year or two pretty much just doing that, watching Youtube, etc. But once in a while i think it's ok.

My form of binge watching was from the TV like mama2boys said, like that i would record the shows and watch them. Netflix i know what it is but still don't know how to use it. What platform do you guys like the most to binge watch? I'm guessing DesA4 likes Netflix better? Because to watch multiple seasons in a row, it takes a lot of time to record them on TV.

Speaking of Girl Meets World AimlessDreamre, Boy Meets World was the show that I binge watched the most. I went from not even knowing what it is to having it as my favorite show.

5. Ally

Ally New Member

I binge watch K dramas ( Korean Drama) I let them finish since they only last about 16 or so episodes and then they are done and a new is starting with the same episode arc. The most I binged watched on when it came to Korean dramas was I think about 128 episodes and it was well worth the watch I must say. The second came at 68 episodes if I am correct and it was titled Empress Ki and I could watch that over and over again to be honest since I am a silly romantic. So I am def team binge watch when it comes to K dramas they get me every time and always have me coming back for more.

6. Kaitlyn Massey

Kaitlyn Massey New Member

I absolutely binge watch shows. Even before I got a Netflix subscription, I loved the times when cable would play marathons of great shows. I'd sit and watch hours and hours of Psych, House, SVU, and so many more. I also bought all seven seasons of Gilmore Girls, and I would watch them sequentially repeatedly.

Once I got a Netflix account, I've pretty much spent hours upon hours every week bingeing. It's pretty crazy that I finished the first season of Orange is the New Black in two days. And I watched Grey's Anatomy twice in a span of five months (whilst finishing my last semester of college, working part time, and still maintaining a social life). My best friends and I during college any time we weren't studying, we were bingeing on Netflix.

7. Olivia

Olivia New Member

I binge watch shows all the time. Whether you are alone or with friends watching a season of the funniest most scandalous thing you can find. Binge watching tv shows is an amazing way to spend a day. It also gets better as you don't have to leave the comfort of your own home let alone your bedroom. I personally love watching The Vampire diaries for a thrill as well as Modern Family for a good laugh. I also love revisiting the classics such as Friends or Gilmore Girls. There is a series to binge watch for everyone.

8. BloomingThrough

BloomingThrough Member

Yes I've binged watch television shows, Netflix's, and even YouTube videos as well. With Televison I had my favorite shows and marathons that i enjoyed such as that so raven, proud family, basically all the Disney shows. I'm older now and the only television show I watch now is the HGTV channel. I love seeing people remodel their homes, or buyers seeking to buy a home. On Netflix's I binge watched orange is the new black and switched at birth. I haven't recently binged watched anything now, but if I come across a good one soon I'll definitely be into it. It's like a good book that you can't put down and stop reading.

9. Corena

Corena Member

I love keeping up with the new tv shows going on now and I watch quite a few of them. However, one of my favorite things to do is find series that have anywhere between one to ten seasons already and binge watch them all. It is so much better then having to watch one episode a week of new series.

I have watched quite a few great series this way. I never even knew they existed till I saw them on netlfix or hulu. There are a lot of them that really disappointed me, knowing they were not making anymore seasons of them. Some of the shows I binge watched and really loved were The 400, Witches of East End, and Haven. Those three shows were my most loved series. And I have watched them all more than once, just because of the fact that I loved them so much.

The 400 I would have to say is the best one. It is a really great series about all these people who vanished over the course of 50 years or so, and then they all just reappeared together, all at once. They had not aged a day since the day they vanished, even though some had been missing for over 50 years. They soon start to show signs of having unique powers. But who took them and gave them these powers? And how have they not aged a day in all the time they having been missing? It is a really great series and if you haven't watched it, I highly recommend it.

10. Queeresau

Queeresau New Member

Yes, there have been several times that I have found myself binge watching TV shows, but I don't really think that I'm really good at it, I never pass more than five hours watching the same TV show! But I have this friend that loves to binge watch TV shows, and literally spend days watching one single show, it's impressive!
    I guess that instead of binge watching shows I like to watch YouTube videos the most, story times are my favorite thing to watch, you can literally find anything there.

11. Uchenna Okunna

Uchenna Okunna New Member

Sometimes I binge watch shows and there was a time I took out several Netflix subscriptions just to watch Futurama. Futurama is a Science fiction cartoon series and I watched all episodes of it several times in one year. I have never bought a DVD box set of a TV show series because I get bored with TV shows after awhile.

12. Tenille

Tenille New Member

Yes i binge watch show; i recently started watching the old series "Soul Food". This is really a good series, it comes on the Aspire channel on cable vision. Every Wednesday at 7pm they show several episodes. Its great the only problem i find is that they play varies seasons at a time, which is confusing for a first time viewer. I saw the movie "Soul food" and it was really good the series is a tad bit different but with the same drama. I will continue to watch every Wednesday hoping that i can grasp the concept of the seasons.

13. Violent Gale

Violent Gale New Member

I just did actually, and it was this show called True Detective. Such an amazing one. I also have some on the list and I am trying to set a date on when I can actually watch them but it seems like I'll be having a hard time. :D

14. Merissa

Merissa New Member

I have always binged watched shows whether it would be a Japanese anime or a Television series. The amount of time I spent watching these shows would be almost half a day, because it is so addicting. I think the best times to do this is when you have a day off or perhaps if you are on a vacation, basically on your leisure time. Currently I am obsessed with three series they are: Reign, Scandal and Revenge. They are on Netflix and the seasons for them have finished, so I don't have to wait for them to be introduced on the app. Though, I still have to wait for Scandal's new episodes.

15. Megan

Megan New Member

I would say that my binge watching is not 100% constant, but it's close. Some recents that I've binged are The Vampire Diaries, American Horror Story, Greys Anatomy, and a few others. Makes me sad when I finish because I feel like I have a connection with the characters, which may not be the healthiest. :)

16. shena_29

shena_29 New Member

I do not like suspence so binge watching is the only way I can really enjoy a series. I had not watched supernatural. I watched it last month from season one to eleven, and I'm yet to watch season twelve. I'm currently on bones season seven.

17. TheFW247

TheFW247 New Member

I prefer to binge so I don't have to wait on the cliffhangers. I no longer have to wait a whole week to find out what would happen and that helps a lot. Perhaps in the future most watchers will never know the feeling of having a whole week not knowing what might happen.

18. Naomi

Naomi New Member

I have been watched Friends, HIMYM, Gilmore Girls, Party of Five and so many others.

19. Asha Krishnakumar

Asha Krishnakumar New Member

Oh my god I love bingewatching shows. It's my favorite pastime. I spent the whole of last year binge watching Gossip Girl, and I truly loved it. I also binge watched the Shadowhunters to catch up and be up to date. I really liked binge watching Big Bang Theory and Parks and Recreation, because those are both comedy shows and the episode length is quite short, about 20 minutes long for each episode. Currently, I'm bingewatching Friends and Game of Thrones. The shows next in my binge watching queue are Jane the Virgin, Suits, HIMYM, and Grey's Anatomy. I know I have so many shows in my queue. Hopefully I can get to the next one before college starts again.

20. JoeMilford

JoeMilford New Member

Good gracious yes I binge-watch. I have lost time doing this, as if I had been abducted by a UFO and dropped off later. If the show is written particularly well, and the episodes end on a good cliffhanger, I am so tempted to delve right on into the next episode while I am sitting or hanging out there.