IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do you drink coffe ?

Discussion in 'Health' started by VidanGraphic, Apr 20, 2015.

1. VidanGraphic

VidanGraphic New Member

I quit coffee a few years ago and am still amazed at how much healthier it has made me feel. I SO miss the flavor and comfort of a warm cup of joe though. I also really miss iced coffee on hot summer days! [Yikes no alcohol, no caffeine- I'm so boring!] :)

Cynthia likes this.
  2. nrlatin

nrlatin New Member

Sure do! I stopped once upon a time in an attempt to be healthier but I just couldn't make the full life change. I couldn't find a suitable alternative and just the smell of it made me yearn a little. So, I opted for Organic Dark Roasts and that makes me feel better, lol.

Cynthia likes this.
  3. ladybug

ladybug New Member

I love coffee and don't ever plan to give it up completely. As I've aged, I have noticed that my system is much more sensitive to caffeine so I do limit my caffeinated coffee to two large cups in the morning. In warmer weather, I also might have a glass or two of iced coffee early in the day.

You can enjoy coffee without the caffeine. While some brands don't have a very good decaf product, there are some that taste just like caffeinated versions. So far, the best decaf I've found is by Folger's. I keep a pitcher of iced decaf in the refrigerator all summer long and in the winter, enjoy a hot cup of decaf in the evenings.

4. Shane

Shane New Member

No. I am addicted to coffee, but I encountered not accurate when I used to drink coffee every morning. Now I am consuming a powdered milk. Coffee may cause insomnia and anxiety. True! I was experiencing sleeping disorder and lose my weight when I became addicted to coffee.

5. cochow

cochow New Member

Yes five times in day. I love coffe.. Nescaffe

6. kyuminette

kyuminette New Member

I like to drink coffee in the morning but I avoid it during night time because my insomnia for sure will attack me. At night I prefer to drink milk it helps me to have a good sleep .My favorite coffee is Nescafe specially the with milk coffee taste so yummy together with bread that is my early morning breakfast daily .

Shohana Rahman and Cynthia like this.
  7. lion

lion New Member

I have a cup every once in a while, but I'm not addicted. I just drink it because I love the taste. It's especially nice to drink in cold weather, to warm you up. I personally am not very sensitive to caffeine, in fact I don't seem to even really feel the effects of it typically, so I don't drink it for that reason.

8. saintjohn47

saintjohn47 New Member

The first thing that I personally do early in the morning is to prepare a cup of coffee. The local brand, "Nescafe Coffee" here in our country is my favorite. They have varieties of coffee like the Original coffee, chocolate coffee, cappuccino, creamy white coffee and more. I think I am addicted to coffee that is why I mostly drink 3 to 5 cups of coffee in a day. I have to say that my body is full of caffeine right now. I have to drink pure water more to balance it.
    It is recommended for us to drink 8 cups of water in a day so I consume a lot of coffee and water in a day. It is also good to drink tea because it is said to clean the toxins in inside your body. It might be even healthier to drink tea than coffee. It is your own choice though if you want to drink something that will clean your body or something that will give you lots of caffeine.

Cynthia likes this.
  9. Cynthia

Cynthia Member

I stopped taking coffee during pregnancy as it gave me arrhythmia (fast, irregular, jerky heart beats) and the effects have manifested even when i resumed taking coffee months after child birth. I then decided to quit coffee altogether.

10. DeanMartin

DeanMartin New Member

I love coffee and I drink about six cups a day. I don't buy into the idea that coffee is bad for you. In fact, every week I hear something different about coffee- sometimes good, sometimes bad. I think that if you listen to your body, you'll know what is good for it. For example, if someone drinks a few cups of coffee a day and is jittery, then they should probably cut down. But, if you're like me, and have no bad affect from it, you can drink as much as you choose.

11. Pedro Soares

Pedro Soares New Member

Of course I drink coffee, its awesome to the hearth vascular cardio. We must drink at least 3 coffees a day, for our hearth.

12. Sasha Simmons

Sasha Simmons Member

I like coffee a lot. I can drink coffee black if I have to because I use very little cream and sugar in my normal cup of joe. I sometimes drink coffee for the caffeine but overall I love the coffee taste.

13. Tadin

Tadin New Member

I've never actually drank coffee in my whole life. Every time I smell coffee, it just makes me want to run out of the room. I don't know why I'm different from literally everyone I know, but I simply can't even give it a decent shot. Although, quite recently, a friend of mine made me taste his coffee and by having my nose closed, I gave it a shot and it didn't actually taste all that bad, but I still think I would rather drink energy drinks instead of coffee.

14. Alecsander

Alecsander New Member

I need my morning coffee. Sometimes another shot later. In the afternoon I'm on teas (including herbal).

But I don't think that's an Aspie thing - my parents (mother and stepfather) are coffee addicts and NTs. Specially dad - I think he's made of coffee sometimes!

15. chelle318

chelle318 New Member

I stopped drinking coffee and alcohol a couple of years ago too and I do feel much healthier. I will have a cup of decaf coffee here and there because I crave it most days.

Giving up coffee was the hardest thing I have ever done. I used to drink half a pot a day or more. I have quit drinking alcohol and quit smoking cigarettes and neither was near as difficult as giving up my daily cups of coffee!

16. SkyDS

SkyDS New Member

I think there are a lot of people who has a problem with drinking too much coffee nowadays. Don't forget that coffee raises blood presure and this will be cause of future illness. Many people doesn't imagine to get up without a cup of coffe. I'm not saying coffe is bad , it's good but in appropriate amounts.

17. Lovechild85

Lovechild85 New Member

I don't drink coffee but I do consume yerba mate because it's healthier and has less caffeine. Yerba mate seems to elevate my mood and I don't get the crash feeling from it that I get when I had drunk coffee in the past. The only time I let myself become addicted to coffee was when I worked for starbucks years ago. I think it was the combinations of all the delicious mixes you could prepare there too!

18. cpvr

cpvr New Member

I actually didn't start drinking until I was 18 or 19, but now I usually drink 1-3 cups a day. It all depends on how tired I am when I wake up though because if my coffee doesn't wake me up, then I'll mix up an energy drink that my older cousin sent me not too long ago. Coffee boasts your metabolism, so why not drink it and receive the health benefit? :)

19. jserrano

jserrano New Member

I didn't drink coffee. But after I got married I started to like drinking coffee. I don't know why, maybe because my wife did. And now, drinking coffee at any coffee shop is part of our bonding moment.

20. Lovechild85

Lovechild85 New Member

I'm aware that coffee boasts your metabolism but so does green tea and many other beverages and plant based energy boosters such as moringa, blackstrap molasses and yerba mate. Yerba mate has also helps me drop weight and it doesn't leave me with the crash that I receive from coffee so I'll pass on that.