IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do you enjoy listening to music really loud?

Discussion in 'Music' started by anorexorcist, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Tuphan143

Tuphan143 New Member

It extremely depends on the mood i am in if i am upset or mad i will have the music blaring up therefore loud the complete neighbourhood will hear it. If i simply wanna hear music its like within the middle, to not high or to low. once i am planning to bed if i would like to pay attention to music I actually have it down extremely low however still high enough on behalf of me to listen to. therefore yea it extremely depends.

2. culea m

culea m New Member

Hi, I listen to music all day long. I leave home listening music in my car, I listen to music at the subway, and I listen to music at work from the radio. So, you can imagine I do not listen to music loud anymore, I was doing that when I was much younger but now I feel the need to a quiet room and a lot of peace around me!

3. Anklebiter

Anklebiter New Member

For me, it depends on the occasion. If I'm alone in the house, cooking, or just cleaning, I like to hear my music very loud, but if I have company I rather to hear soft music.
    I think it's a little hard for me to answer your question because I enjoy of the simple fact of hearing music, for me it doesn't really matter if it is at high or low volume, for me, is more up to the music style and the company that I have in the moment.

4. Violent Gale

Violent Gale New Member

Since I am into metal and screamo songs, I do enjoy it. Others hate it though, specially my mother and our neighbors. :p But when I get the chance, I would really crank up the volume of our old stereo player. I sometimes bang my head when I am really into the music and my mom thinks that I am crazy or something. :D

5. NeilTarquin

NeilTarquin New Member

Yes I do. The bad part about it is my family hates my music. I listen to heavy metal music so there is always an arguement on how loud I can play my music. Always, because I'm the only one who enjoys my music, I'll be the one who will give up and tone the music down a bit. Or just use my headsets.

6. Julia Doner

Julia Doner New Member

Personally, I enjoy listening to my music quite loud. I find it adds to the experience of listening. It brings the music to life and really makes you feel the sounds. I find that if the music is quite it seems more like a background noise to everyday life and not an escape. A medium volume is also good but it doesn't have the same energizing affect as loud music!

7. Malibeast

Malibeast New Member

It really depends on the music, as well as the system that is playing it back. If you push the level beyond what your amp and speakers can handle, it will distort the sound and sound terrible. I can't stand it when I hear a stereo cranked beyond what it can handle--and people think it sounds good!

Rock music sounds better because you have much better bass response at louder volumes. There is great deal of energy in the lower frequencies in most rock music. It gets lost if the speakers aren't getting enough power to recreate those frequencies.

There's also the physical sensation of music. The louder it is the more you can feel it in the vibrations around you. That's why live music can be so much fun.

I'm sure that there's much more to it than that, and I hope to learn more.

8. Malibeast

Malibeast New Member

It really depends on the music, as well as the system that is playing it back. If you push the level beyond what your amp and speakers can handle, it will distort the sound and sound terrible. I can't stand it when I hear a stereo cranked beyond what it can handle--and people think it sounds good!

Rock music sounds better because you have much better bass response at louder volumes. There is great deal of energy in the lower frequencies in most rock music. It gets lost if the speakers aren't getting enough power to recreate those frequencies.

There's also the physical sensation of music. The louder it is the more you can feel it in the vibrations around you. That's why live music can be so much fun.

I'm sure that there's much more to it than that, and I hope to learn more.

9. Malibeast

Malibeast New Member

I clicked on the 'post' option too many times. Kindly disregard this and my previous post in this thread.

10. Asha Krishnakumar

Asha Krishnakumar New Member

I like to listen to my music loudly, primarily because it hypes it up more. I usually listen to it loud when I am alone, so other people won't get irritated, because I can imagine how others would feel if some people won't respect their space. I'm a huge fan of EDM so the music I listen to already has a high hype factor, but playing it loud definitely adds to the hype.

11. JoeMilford

JoeMilford New Member

I love to blast my favorite music really loud--however, I am wondering how much this actually has to do with the probable hearing loss I may have suffered from playing in really loud punk music and Sonic Youth power-punk bands in college. I am pretty sure I acquired some permanent hearing damage back in those days, especially in the higher octaves from our screaming guitars, so it could be possible that I "need" the higher volumes in my "old age" to get the same effects...

12. temmygabriel

temmygabriel New Member

The answers will depend on individual personalities, emotions. I personally do not like loud music, it very disgusting to me ,sometimes especially when my neighbours are playing loud music, it can be very inconvenient most times.

But i think reason people listen to loud music (especially teenagers) is because
    teenagers like to block out the rest of the world with music when they’re feeling overwhelmed or bored. Loud music is a better distraction than quiet music.

13. Rajeeta

Rajeeta New Member

I may once in a while listen to loud music.But I usually prefer medium to soft as far as volume is concerned.I usually listen with my Head phones ,and then of course I prefer soft volumes. I do like to listen to some songs when they are played loud--Knights of Cydonia (Muse),Thunderstruck (AC/DC),
    Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd etc.

14. vrimee

vrimee New Member

It depends on the type of music I hear. I usually keep the volume level to medium when hearing melodies or country songs. If I hear pop or rock music, I increase the volume little bit. I don't usually keep the volume to maximum level as it is not healthy for our ears.

15. Haroon Rasheed

Haroon Rasheed Member

Yeah,I do so when nobody is present at home.Sometime,I blast music so loud that I can't even listen to door bell.For this purpose,I have decorated a separate room in which I have some special speakers with loud music.I am lover of louder music that's why I don't care of my ears.

16. Belinda M. Teodosio

Belinda M. Teodosio New Member

I can listen to music either loud or not loud it doesn't matter at all. I was used to loud music because my brother have these massive sound system at home that every time he turned his radio on, the neighborhood is protesting to slow down the volume of the music and worse is they throw stones at our house because of this disturbing loud music of my brother. Unfortunately, I was used to stand by it.

On the other hand, its really not advisable to turn your music very loud. It disturbs other people living with you and to the neighborhood as well. Sometimes in my experience when my neighbor music is loud, I turn off my radio and listen to my neighbors music at least I can save electric by that.

17. huggy212

huggy212 New Member

I prefer to listen to normal loudness only if I am wearing an earphone. When I am alone at home I prefer it to be loud, it sets a very good mood and gives me chills. I am just enjoying loud music if I am feeling some chills and it gives good mood but when it is so loud that it's distracting I hate it. If I am busy doing something I like to set it very loud because the music gives strong energy.

18. markjp94

markjp94 New Member

Actually it depends on my mood whether I like it loud or just calm in tone and sometimes it depends on the music that I'm playing because there are music that are best to play really loud and there are some which are best to play silently. In correlation with this, we have also to consider the environment or location we are playing the music because we have to respect the people around us. If you think you are in a place where people will feel annoyed when you play the music really loud then you play on low volume or use some earphones or headphones.

19. Onesmus

Onesmus New Member

At a personal level,I really don't enjoy listening to loud music.Loud music interrupts concentration while reading or working on a fragile project .

I would only prefer to listen to loud music when in a club or disco.But,it depends on the environment that I am in,whether to listen to loud music or not

20. Bhaskar

Bhaskar New Member

I never like to listen to music without wearing headphone. I always listen to music wearing headphones and in full volume. That keeps me disconnect from the outside world until I stop the music. And this feels so good. You should try once. hearing your favorite song loudly wearing headphone so that no outer voice can disturb you. It is very relaxing.:)