IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do you ever wish that it was you that made a song that you enjoy listening too?

Discussion in 'Music' started by FergusMacLeod, Jun 16, 2017.

1. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeod New Member

The title says it all. I was wondering if there were more of you that feel the way I do sometimes. When I am listening to some music, and catch myself thinking about: "How great would it be, that it was I who made this album/song". Sometimes I do get jealous because of that, but in a funny way, nothing serious. I guess it is because I play the guitar, and from time to time it is so hard to come up with something good to write, that it gets frustrating. But in the end it is very rewarding.

2. Merissa

Merissa New Member

Sometimes I do, most of them are my favorite songs. There is just something about the melody that is just so beautiful, that sometimes I wish I wrote it because I like to sing and I sometimes capture myself imagining that I wrote it. Probably some other people feel that way because they just like that song so much.

3. Tejaswi

Tejaswi New Member

Yes I do. I definitely wish that i made the song "Love is the name" by Sofia Carson. I ain't sure if i could do it better than her, her style, the way she moves in the song, along with her voice, takes the song to a whole new level and makes my body go la la la... I just wished I had made that song, since all i can thing of is ' If i am enjoying this song so much by just listening to it, how much would I have enjoyed it if I was the one who made it? ' .

If there is another song I wish I had made, it would be " Don't you need somebody " by Redone. I love the song till day, and I am sure I will love it for quite some more time. We definitely need someone to keep us up all night.. Don't we? :)

4. Megan

Megan New Member

If I was gifted with the talents, I would try to make something that would catch my attention. I really dont know how others do it. I wish that I could make my own music, would be a great past time, nonetheless. :)

5. osolase

osolase New Member

Yes I do. And most especially if it a song I can relate with. Music have a powerful way of communicating our deep seated emotions that have been struggling for expression. The song writer might very well seems to be reading our minds and our present experience and writing it down with some sort of sublime eloquence.

In some other instances, we may not relate to the lyrics or the instrumentals of the music in particular but the skill with which the music was played and sung, could leave one imagining how wonderful it will be to the author of such piece. I think that is the jealousy you were describing.

jeanell likes this.
  6. jeanell

jeanell New Member

I most definitely agree with this post. I love every kind of music. When I hear a song that I love, it makes me wish I was actually singing the song. I am a great singer, songwriter, and lyricist.

I love to create feelings and emotions through music. There's nothing like a fine tune with the right melody.

7. mary231

mary231 New Member

Yes! most definitely enjoying a song is one of the best things that one experiences. It totally takes you to another world that brings out the real you. I badly long for the day that i will write my own song and enjoy it because i know it will feel heavenly.

8. NeilTarquin

NeilTarquin New Member

I agree with this. There's this phase of my life that I think I can be a composer, but that phase faded out real quick because I can't even convince myself that my creations were good.
    Good songs with outstanding word play always captures my attention. The way they could arrange such simple words and come up with such great emotion just makes me drool in envy. Like this lyrics from a song "You'll be Safe Here". My favorite part was, "Put you heart in my hand, you'll be safe here". How could such simple words be constructed with such powerfull meaning? I don't know.
    I admit, I'm one of those people who can only the fan and never be the artist.

9. Jush chris

Jush chris New Member

Try to picture a world without music. It would most probably be the a very boring place to be. If I had the talent of course I would try composing my own music. Who wouldn't love to hear their own voice blaring out of the speakers anyway,it would be great to say the least.

10. Julia Doner

Julia Doner New Member

Sometimes when I listen to a really beautiful song with very inspiring words, i wish I was the one to write it! I even become inspired and try to write my own music but it never gets very far. If I really relate to a song I can imagine myself writing it instead of the actual writer. I would never be able to put my thoughts into music so beautifully so instead I just listen.