IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do you have a business or a hobby?

Discussion in 'Business' started by b_carter1980, Nov 22, 2016.

1. b_carter1980

b_carter1980 New Member

I hear this question a lot from coaches, gurus, and business experts. There is a difference between the two. There are many aspects that separate a business from a hobby. Some say income, or money generated, is the main factor. Others say it's your customer base; you can't have a business if you don't have customers. Even still, some say it's the structure of your operations. To me, it's a combination of the three. You can make income with a hobby, but you have set income goals with a business. You can have a customer or two with a hobby, but you have a consumer base with a business. Hobbies are done when one feels like it; a business operates on a schedule. Do you have a business? What about a hobby? Would you ever consider turning our hobby into a business?

2. Skysnap

Skysnap New Member

I manage one YouTube channel on side hustle. I can't say it is business because it has yet to cross 500$ a month mark. If it does that then I'd say this is one of the good earners out there. Apart from this I also do article writing and transcription work. But not many leads coming my way. It is taking more time than usual. Making side hustle and hobby a business means you have to let go of passion and focus on the money aspect.