IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Do you have a favorite movie franchise?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Hertz Baumann, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Hertz Baumann

Hertz Baumann New Member

In the last few years, we have seen more and more movies that are parts of bigger franchises. The Star Wars and Marvel movies are probably the most famous examples of this. We are also seeing a lot of movies that are getting sequels, like Jurassic World and Pacific Rim. If these sequels make enough money at the box office, they might end up becoming new long-running franchises.

Do you have a favorite movie franchise? Personally, I have become a fan of the Marvel movies. Whenever a new Marvel film hits theaters, I go watch it. They are not always great movies, but I always have some fun with them.

2. mc49

mc49 New Member

The Saw series. It's not just pointless blood and violence like a lot of people think (although the later ones do push it slightly). There's actually a very good story underneath that ties all seven movies together. And some of the traps are pretty clever too.

Either that or the Spider-Man movies with Tobey Maguire. This was before Marvel started churning out their yearly Cinematic Universe ones (before superheroes got boring, in my opinion).

3. Van Mondido

Van Mondido New Member

I have a few movie franchises that don't get me bored. I love Star Wars, Jurassic Park, Lord of the Rings, The Godfather and most recently, The Hobbit. I could watch these movies over and over again and still discover new things. That's how good these franchises are.

4. AimlessDreamre

AimlessDreamre Member

I have quite a few franchises I'm in love with: Fast and Furious, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, Marvel, Lord of the Rings, Spider-Man (I like the ones with Toby Maguire better as well), Pirates of the Caribbean, Peter Pan, Transformers and The Karate Kid. That's just naming a few...

5. mfinnie

mfinnie New Member

Star Wars! But definitely the Original Trilogy over the Prequels and the Disney cash-cows which got rid of the expanded universe.

6. W.C

W.C New Member

Star Wars hands down, also without the prequels, though I must say that Disney is doing some surprising things with the franchise.

7. Amanda2801

Amanda2801 New Member

My favorite movie franchise is Harry Potter. I am 28 years old but I love each and everyone of these films. I think it is amazing to see the actors and the characters grow throughout the films and I honestly ' think they will ever get old.

8. RenoGerman

RenoGerman New Member

I have two favorite movie franchise and both of them are adaptations of books written by the same author. The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. I just can't help but get mesmerized by the sheer awesomeness that is J. R. R. Tolkien's works. The movie adaptations isn't as fantastic as the books but it is still amazing in its own way. I must-see for any movie enthusiasts and the gold standard for making fantasy movies.

9. maryliz2017

maryliz2017 New Member

Absolutely, my favorite movie franchise of all time is The Fast and Furious. I absolutely love these movies and could watch them every single day. In my opinion, each Fast and Furious movie get better and better. My absolute favorite Fast and Furious movie is the fifth installment, Fast Five.

10. spike1206

spike1206 New Member

My favorite movie series right now is Pirates of The Caribbean. I am so pumped for the 5th installation in this series coming out in the next month. I am currently working on watching all of the movies again before going out to see the next one. I love the Pirates of the Caribbean series because it brings to life the concept of pirates in a sci-fi twist with the undead armies and curses and things of that nature. The graphics and effects get better and better each movie thanks to new technology and really bring alive the idea of pirates and their huge and famous ships.